If you had endless money what would you do?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GuitaristOfHell, Mar 1, 2013.

1. groph

groph SS.org Regular

Since I'm no fun and I can't think of what I'd do if I had endless money, let's just say I suddenly got an astronomical sum, like hundreds of trillions

First I'd probably devote some of it in creating a conspiracy that I never got the money, that the money doesn't exist. I wouldn't want people knowing it exists.

Then I'd probably transform one of Jupiter's moons into something of a gigantic safe and chuck a few thousand billion in there so it can be a trust fund for the Earth in case the global economy totally tanks beyond all repair. If I ever had to "bail out" the Earth, the rest of the money would have to be destroyed or else the currency would be worthless - this is why it has to remain a secret.

Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to waive third world debt due to similar reasons this wouldn't work if one had endless money, devaluing currency completely would make it useless. As far as I understand it wouldn't be possible to solve major global problems if one suddenly got a huge sum of wealth.

If I walked into something to the tune of a few billion, let's just say I'd never work a day in my life, I'd probably spend a lot of my time pursuing degrees and probably donating to research causes/universities. I'm not sure about having a family and I don't know what I think about creating a family fortune. I don't really like the idea of creating an aristocracy and have children that have no reason to pursue their own will - what's the point if you're born into such riches? You basically have your life set out before you. I don't want kids who are so rich they stagnate. Money can only solve certain problems, I guess. I'd donate not necessarily to charities, but to institutions that reflect my highest values, so education and the pursuit of knowledge.

2. skeels

skeels ..to pay the beels

I would set the money free, causing the world's economy to shrivel up and die, along with all the people who make their living off of money and have no appreciable skills, as the world would return to a barter system.

OR

I would build three gigantic space arks. The first I would fill with the skilled workers who would build a new planet for us, a nice one, not too fancy. The third I would fill with all the great thinkers, artists and philosophers, and the second ark would be filled with supervisors, middle-management types and politicians, as well as personal assistants, appointment setters and other jerkstores.

Can you see where this is going?

Also, I've never really had a nice toaster. Maybe one of those four slice ones!

3. The Omega Cluster

The Omega Cluster n00b

I would have already broken the laws of physics with my infinity money.

4. Brill

Brill sweet little lolita.

Id destroy all drugs.. As drugs are terrible.
    Id then pay people to hunt down crazy people who think the government is brain washing them.

5. glpg80

glpg80 √εvil

As an owner of a 4 slice toaster i highly recommend you experience the toasting of 4 pieces of bread, at the same time, in unison, to the same timer. You're life will forever live in OCD heaven!

6. That_One_Person

That_One_Person Gotta link for that?

What would I do? Rosie Jones.

7. Idontpersonally

Idontpersonally Banned

[​IMG]

8. Cancer

Cancer Cancer:The Crucifuct

If I had endless money I would:

A. alleviate the debt of all my family, friends, bandmates, and then anyone who asked.
    B. Buy a house in a place I'd actually want to live in (AZ, CA, HI), with a nice built in music and video studio.
    C. Find some really talented and awesome people to play some heavy cybercore, and then stage these awesome music festival with free admission and free food. Of course my band would headline.
    D. Then devote the rest of my life to pursuit of a Resource Based economy, and use my infinite funds to eliminate money forever, and associated burdens.
    E. Get Killer Guitar and Carvin to build me a signature 7 string (X227, yo).
    F. Buy world peace (sorta related to 5).
    G. Gear (of course).

9. EcoliUVA

EcoliUVA Not Gifted

A ski resort made of blow. :scream:

No wait, I'd hire NASA to build a bio-forcefield around the moon, and a gigantinormous fusion engine/propulsion system on about a quarter of its surface area. Then, a 15-mile-high platform (with controls) I could stand on and "king-of-the-world" my moon-ship off into space. Fuck Earth and its self-righteous orbit. You guys can come if you want.

Also, 50 or 60,000 mesa stacks to battle the aliens. Foresight, yo. :hbang:

Here is an artist's rendition of my moon-ship:

[​IMG]

Edit: Snagit /= Photoshop… :lol:

Dead Undead likes this.
  10. angus

angus SS.org Regular

What I do?

Nothing different (right now).

...but I'd be waaaaaaaaaay more relaxed.

11. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

Jakke made a good point. I'd feed people and help to fight world hunger and help fund research to cure diseases. That said, I'd probably have my own house, a couple really nice cars, a whole warehouse of gear, and a really fancy, schmancy studio run by the best engineers and producers in the biz. :yesway:
    Oh, and I'd totally be down to attempt to eat an In N Out 100x100 animal style. :yesway:

12. MFB

MFB Banned

Clearly you need to do better drugs :yesway:

13. Hipster Holocaust

Hipster Holocaust Well-Known Member

Buy the government.

14. Rustee

Rustee †The Skyrim Bard†

Yeah man fuck Panadol.

15. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I'd buy every single Strandberg ever made, let it be known that I will buy anyone's Strandberg (wait for this post in a few years), and maybe a few amps and cabs for good measure. Then I'd probably squander the rest on food and charity.

EDIT: I'd also hire Bryan Cranston to be Walter White all day everyday, and I guess I'd have to build him a Meth Lab.

16. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Return of the Dread-I

Make it rain...? :shrug:

17. shanejohnson02

shanejohnson02 Hammer of the Gods

Buy the illuminati.

18. skisgaar

skisgaar Master-debatur

1. Buy every physical Metallica record in existence to shut Lars Ulruich up.
    2. Buy the rights to all of Metallica's songs, merchandise, DVD's, etc.
    3. Invite them to a pleasent evening dinner at my mansion on my 3000 acres of land.
    4. Burn all of their CD's, DVD's, merch, record deal, etc in front of them, whilst standing in front of the fire and giving them the finger.
    5. Have my servants catch their collective tears in a jar and use it to find a cure for cancer.

:agreed:

Oh, and get some crazy ass augmentations so I can be a real life Adam Jensen!

And then become Batman instead.

19. Futurian

Futurian Well-Known Member

Laser cannon chest graft may be suffice

20. BIG ND SWEATY

BIG ND SWEATY Edgy

based on some of your threads you may need some of those drugs

what i would do:
    1. make sure my parents never have to lift another finger
    2. make my dads aches and pains go away
    3. buy a different rig for every genre i feel like playing
    4. an exact copy of the Starks castle in GoT