If one band was to reunite, who would YOU choose?

JW Shreds

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd love to see the old Erra line up at least make an album. Alan Rigdon's riffs and writing and Garrison Lee's vocals really added something special.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Steve Vai with his golden era lineup, Billy Sheehan on bass, Tony Macalpine on guitars and keys, Dave Weiner on guitar and Virgil Donati on drums.

Dave would have to pack the PRS in and get back on his Ibanez for authenticity. If Tmac wants to pull the old Carvins out too, all the better.

magicpad

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mars Volta - with Jon Theodore
Of Mice and Men - with Austin and Shaylee
Story of the Year - with Phil Sneed
Rise Against - with Chris Chasse

You can tell me all you want that these bands are still active/playing, but they are certainly not the same without these key members IMO

Quiet Coil

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Maybe The Safety Fire? Good Tiger is cool and all, but I think I still slightly prefer TSF.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
What exactly happened with The Human Abstract anyway? Digital Veil was such a monster album.

Anyway, Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett, except Phil Collins looks like he's going to drop at any moment and it's depressing.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
If this thread was made last year i'd have said Porcupine Tree. Feelsgoodman. These days though, Oasis.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
What exactly happened with The Human Abstract anyway? Digital Veil was such a monster album.

I think that album was actually what kind of signaled the end for them. I remember being excited to listen to it once it came out and it sounded way different from Nocturne so I never really went back to it. I think that was the consensus for a lot of people, which is unfortunate because they definitely managed to write some of the best metal~classical crossover stuff I've heard that wasn't overly cheesy.

D-Nasty

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Steve Vai with his golden era lineup, Billy Sheehan on bass, Tony Macalpine on guitars and keys, Dave Weiner on guitar and Virgil Donati on drums.

Dave would have to pack the PRS in and get back on his Ibanez for authenticity. If Tmac wants to pull the old Carvins out too, all the better.
I saw Vai on the Real Illusions: Reflections tour at The House Of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was the same lineup as you're talking except for Donati. Unbelievable show. Vai played for 2 1/2 hours straight. It was like a religious experience. I still have the Passion & Warfare t-shirt from that show. Badass...

20220805-205837-Burst01.jpg

Protestheriphery

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mine from 10y ago. It was a blast. Even though I didnt care much for one of the member's attitude, I always look back fondly on that time frame.

Seriously, though: Killswitch Engage during the Howard era. Never been a Jesse fan. At least Howard's live performances came come close to the studio recordings. These days, I cant verify if its the same with his current band.

Also: Lamb of God with Chris Adler.

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
I feel a little heretical saying this but I would love a Nevermore reunion with Jack Black on vocals. Or a female vocalists.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I feel a little heretical saying this but I would love a Nevermore reunion with Jack Black on vocals. Or a female vocalists.

I don't even care who's on vocals tbh (as long they're good ofc), as long the rest of the band would reunite.

feilong29

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Norther, going back to anything N or prior. Circle Regenerated was ok, but just so drastically different that it wasn't as enjoyable as their previous work. Petri and Kristian are a powerful duo, but I suppose it would be Petri and Daniel Freyberg since Kristian is a businessman now.

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
I don't even care who's on vocals tbh (as long they're good ofc), as long the rest of the band would reunite.
They're so freaking good. Hadn't listened to them in ages and spent some time listening today because of this thread. Thoroughly enjoyed it. One of my favorite acts of all time.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Norther, going back to anything N or prior. Circle Regenerated was ok, but just so drastically different that it wasn't as enjoyable as their previous work. Petri and Kristian are a powerful duo, but I suppose it would be Petri and Daniel Freyberg since Kristian is a businessman now.
That'd be cool, and I don't think anything's preventing Kride from picking up the guitar again. He most likely plays on his spare time anyway, just not full time. Don't know what their keyboard player is doing these days but the rest of the guys are active in pretty big bands (Wintersun, Nightwish, Finntroll).

feilong29

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That'd be cool, and I don't think anything's preventing Kride from picking up the guitar again. He most likely plays on his spare time anyway, just not full time. Don't know what their keyboard player is doing these days but the rest of the guys are active in pretty big bands (Wintersun, Nightwish, Finntroll).
I would be surprised if Kride still plays cause he's a CEO lol, and we all know they are the hardest working people on the planet. Would be awesome if he would put out some vids playing old tunes.

I remember jamming to Nightwish back in the day; I appreciate their music a lot more these days.