IEM Transmitter/Receiver recommendations?

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by Wrecklyss, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Wrecklyss

Wrecklyss Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder

Hey SSO,

I already own a very nice 10 driver set of IEMs I'm very happy with, but I run them on 25' extension cables. This works fine for small acoustic shows (really all I can get right now, but I believe things will be looking up soon), but isn't ideal for full band shows as I like to move around a lot.

If all I need is the transmitter/receiver, does anyone know a good quality unit for a blue collar budget? I'm not interested in "Amazon Specials" and consider Pyle, Nady, Xvive, and Gemini to be entry level.

I'm looking for respected names (Shure, Sennhieser, AKG, and similar) that have replacement parts and customer service departments. I'm OK buying used and looking for $275-$450 for both units with $350 to probably be the sweet spot of my budget.

Thanks.

2. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

I use a Sennheiser G3 for places ranging from 300 cap up to festival stages of around 13000. It's reliable and sounds great, I would recommend getting a paddle aerial as well for piece of mind so you don't get drop-outs. You may struggle a little to fit the budget, but it's modular so you can always pick up pieces as you find cheap deals and gather more funds later.

3. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

Stereo?

4. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

Yeah, can be run stereo or mono

TonyFlyingSquirrel likes this.
  5. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

Thank you.