Ibanez summer 2017

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by hatena6, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Dayn

Dayn silly person

I'm fine with rosewood. Every single instrument I have has a rosewood fretboard, except the electric violin that has an ebony board. Good rosewood looks very pretty. I like the combination of that deep, dark red-brown with black. Matches the furniture. Tone is irrelevant.

That being said, that RGD3127 is on my bucket list. I had the chance to try a Premium with a maple fretboard, as the only other guitar with a maple fretboard I played was a crappy off-brand strat and that was hell. But that Premium's maple board didn't feel any different to my rosewood Prestige in any significant sense. I was after a 2127, but a new white one? Yes please.

2. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

Ibanez basses is a whole different thing from their gutiars. Their "top of the range" stuff is really the Premium line, the prestige is there for I dont know, hold down the flag name? with the absurd price of it and the 10 years of that "yo dawg I heard you like wenge so we build this bass" kinda build who I have no idea if anyone had ever bough one.

The build quality, woods, and electronics of the Premium line is their top of the game and you cant ask for more really. Stop using that mentality of "Ibanez needs to be prestige Japan=good / Indo=bad..." And go get a nice Premium SR that you wont regret.
    Bass workshops are nice, but they are at same level as their top of the standard line. Premium basses are better than the bass workshops. If a price of one matches the other is because the complexity of the bass workshop build needed to be more expensive, but Premium is far ahead in quality/specs/build

3. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

I have a Premium BTB 5 and a Workshop SR fretless 4, so I have experience with both.

They both have nice specs, but the build quality just isn't there compared to my MIJ Bacchus jazz clone. Yes, that includes the Premium. I wouldn't say the Premium is bad by any measure. It's a nice enough bass. I'd just change the mentality you think I have from "Japan = Good, Indo = bad" to "Indo = Good, Japan = Better." I don't dismiss a guitar or bass immediately just because it's Indo, or I wouldn't have four of them.

4. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

fair enough bro, and sorry for that, Im just going from the forum "standards" of what people think when they say Ibanez.

Im happy enough with the quality of what they offer, but not enough with their questionable choices of colors/tops, reason why I have spend many years waiting for something that never happened. They spend years before updating any line like they do on their guitars. Basses they dont get much attention. Their prestige line like I mention is being settle into that one wenge fest bass for 10 years with a sprinkle of one natural plain SR for maybe a couple of years during that time with one other shape now discontinued too. Like I said their top of the range is premium, for me its like they dont have a prestige line. I have never seen one, I dont really like their only one offering, and the price of it is ridiculous. For that price Im better getting something else

5. hatena6

hatena6 SS.org Regular

6. aWoodenShip

aWoodenShip Great Job, Jeremy.

7. hatena6

hatena6 SS.org Regular

8. Mr_Metal_575

Mr_Metal_575 SS.org Regular

Any news about possible Robby Baca or Cameron Maynard sigs?

Their LACS are incredible and I think Ibanez should really put Premium equivalents or something

This thing man...

IMG_0915.jpg

[​IMG]

cardinal and couverdure like this.
  9. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

thats an upgrade in my book. liking the look of the jbbm more and more. it's 1599. I can't anywhere that says where it's made? It doesn't seem like it could be a sig and japanese at that price point?

10. Nicki

Nicki SS.org Regular

I'm glad they're bringing back the RGD with a floating trem. I have the 2127Z and it's one of the best guitars I own. But that price is... more than what the 2127Z went for.

11. Kevcarnage

Kevcarnage Well-Known Member

the rgd7ucs is over 2,000. such a fine instrument though. Craftsmanship is 10x better than my indo guitar