Ibanez RGR5227 ltd run modded

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
“Cool!” Holloway says.

Scene cuts back to present day

Jimmy: “So anyway, that’s what it was like back then, in the pre-internet days. You could tell people stuff, but you couldn’t SHOW them, because there was no way to send pictures over the crude telnet technology.”

Bob: “Man, that must have sucked. Because I bet Hollowway would have really liked to see Chris9’s guitar.”

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Not sure about those white bobbins. Probably cream would go better with the fretboard, but damn that gold trem matches the body!
Nice project!

Alexlopez

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not sure about those white bobbins. Probably cream would go better with the fretboard, but damn that gold trem matches the body!
Nice project!
It matches the Ibanez logo. That looks better IMO

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Nice! I was in on that run as well, but ended up returning the guitar because the headstock stain color was different than the body. I couldn’t unsee it.

where’d you source the gold trem?

chris9

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice! I was in on that run as well, but ended up returning the guitar because the headstock stain color was different than the body. I couldn’t unsee it.

Yeah mine is the same but I can live with it I love the guitar defo even more now with the gold.
I bought the lo pro from cottamguitarparts.

chris9

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gold switch and strap buttons to come then she is all finished.

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score

That’s interesting that there’s two different stains. Call me odd, I kinda like it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
That’s interesting that there’s two different stains. Call me odd, I kinda like it.

yeah, it could be seen as a neat thing, but they were close enough that it didn’t look right. Nick said that Ibanez said it fell within their tolerance limits, so they weren’t able to take them back. And not all of them were like that. The sixxers were fine.

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score
@Hollowway
Interesting. That sucks that the customers weren’t offered the opportunity to return them. Because it’s not exactly what they ordered. I can certainly understand why somebody would be dissatisfied with it.I contemplated getting in on the run but I don’t like gold hardware, or maple fretboards.

Latest posts