Ibanez RG2627z is it worth it?

nikos

Reaction score
Hello Guys, I wanna enter into the world of sevenstreings! I'm looking for my first seven string guitar.
I've been looking and trying A LOT of guitars, but mostly Ibanez and Schecter (didn't have the time to try Jackson or Dean). So far, my thoughts are (and here is where I need help): An used Ibby RG7620 (which I cannot find anywhere, thats the problem).
Therefore, like I said, a tried a bunch of new guitars and yesterday I tried the Ibanez RG2627z and it was awesome. But it's really really expensive, so... is it worth it? or should i try something else?

Thanks!!!

teddy_baca

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In my opinion the 2627ZE is a great guitar. Plus, it is one of the classiest black guitars I have seen. The RGD2127 is also a great guitar if you like the longer scale length.

nikos

Reaction score
Agree, that certainly is the classiest black ever seen!! I'm kinda fighting for not liking this guitar that much, but its hard. hehe

inp4ct

Reaction score
I am in the same situation as you, but im not sure i want to spend as much as a prestige costs, so i am considering the RGIR27E
It has EMGs, its classic black and its quite cheap..

nikos

Reaction score
I am in the same situation as you, but im not sure i want to spend as much as a prestige costs, so i am considering the RGIR27E
It has EMGs, its classic black and its quite cheap..

yeah, I know what you mean. I went to several stores last week and tried a bunch of guitars.

Besides the rg2627ze, I tried the Ibanez Uv70p (Universe, Steve Vai signature, the reissue model, not the one of the 90s) and the Ibanez RQ927.

But I forgot to try the RGIR27E Iron Label. It actually doesn't looks that bad. But I should have tried it against the RG2627ze (which, like I said, its maybe expensive, but damn, It really plays and feels so SOOO GREAT).
But again, I should have tried the rgir27e.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
A lot of people love their Iron Labels, but a RGIR27e is going to have a pretty hard time standing up the a 2627. Go back and play it and see for yourself.

It will be worth it to get the Prestige, it just depends on whether or not you want to fork out the cash.

s2k9k

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have you tried looking at the cheaper Prestige models? Like the RG752.

nikos

Reaction score
A lot of people love their Iron Labels, but a RGIR27e is going to have a pretty hard time standing up the a 2627. Go back and play it and see for yourself.

It will be worth it to get the Prestige, it just depends on whether or not you want to fork out the cash.

Edge Zero is my favorite trem ever.

Have you tried looking at the cheaper Prestige models? Like the RG752.

Thanks for the Feedback guys!! So the trem in the 2627 is good?
No, I haven't try the RG752 models. If i can, I will.
Any other opinion about the 2627? It's a sure bet?
I mean, for the price of the RG2627, I can buy, for example, an Iron Label 7 string and a Schecter Blackjack ATX C7. hahaha (I don;t know why I made that comparison, lol, maybe because at one point I was looking reviews of the Blackjack ATX C7 and the Hellraiser. The Jeff Loomis signature too)

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
I think maybe you should do some more looking around.

Check out the RG752's. Nicer price tag and still a Prestige. Pretty much a newer 7620. Maybe find one used for an even better price.

s2k9k

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It seems to me that you really want that RG2627. If that's what you really want
then that's what you gotta get. I highly doubt you will be disappointed in that guitar. Japanese Prestige quality, plus that model does have the KTS titanium rods in the neck.

nikos

Reaction score
It seems to me that you really want that RG2627. If that's what you really want
then that's what you gotta get. I highly doubt you will be disappointed in that guitar. Japanese Prestige quality, plus that model does have the KTS titanium rods in the neck.

I bought it!! Yeah!!!!!!! :metal:

Thank you all for your answers

Latest posts