Ibanez NAMM 2020

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Leviathus, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Im' to the point if they come out with the specs or close to what I want in an RGA Prestige I might just paint it if I don't care for the paint. Otherwise I may begin a custom build from parts I have been sitting on for years.

Albake21 likes this.
  2. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

So will Ibanez have the wherewithal to bring all of us the reissue we need in 2020? ...The model 2020...

[​IMG]

mlp187, Randy and _MonSTeR_ like this.
  3. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

Hilariously, there's more modded JBM100s out there than standard ones...

Albake21 likes this.
  4. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

That's more like a 1977 :lol:

Leviathus likes this.
  5. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

They're amazing modding platforms for those who want an RGA prestige, sadly though they are hard to find used and at a price I'm willing to pay. A JBM100 is still on my bucket list of guitars to own though.

6. Vyn

If I could find a local luthier skilled enough to remove the finish on the neck I'd jump on one in a heartbeat.

Albake21 likes this.
  7. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

I saw the recent post from Guitar World on the NAMM 2020 predictions and they had this to say about Ibanez:

- The company has already announced a reissue of John Frusciante's favorite WH10 wah, but there is BIG news coming from Ibanez for 2020. We can’t say anything more, but rest assured, fans of the top-tier Japanese guitar builder will not be disappointed.

Does anyone wanna guess what this "BIG" news might end up being? We already got a tease of the headless multi scale bass from them, my first thought was that maybe....maybeeee.....they're considering doing a headless guitar? Wishful thinking I know, but...

Hype train has begun.

8. Albake21

If this "BIG" news is a line of headless guitars I'm done with Ibanez. I'm already slowly jumping ship to other brands like Music Man, but I'm giving one more NAMM a shot.

9. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

^ that’s an odd reaction. I would be all over a headless Ibanez. Nothing wrong with a brand trying to capture market share by appealing to current trends.

XPT707FX likes this.
  10. Vyn

The problem with headless guitars isn't the guitars themselves, it's the loud and vocal minority of the user base that fits into the generic Instragram-Prog-Djent-Metal genre.

Bloody_Inferno and Randy like this.
  11. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

This times ∞
    I love that first JEM in that post- looks the best out of any of em save for the 90th and mayyyybe the florals imo.

Yeah, same. I'll still probably always be an Ibanez fanboy, but headless is just not it for me. Wasn't a fan of the AZs, not into headless, their multiscales, while now playable, still need improvements, and their spec choices are still solidly 'okay'. Fingers crossed on this semi-custom shop though, really can't overstate how excited for that I am. Pleasepleaseplease Hoshino, let me get a nice fixed bridge S-series J. Custom.

12. Albake21

Pretty much what @Vyn said. Also the fact that the wizard headstock is just so iconic for me, it's hard to get rid of that. An Ibanez without a headstock, is not an Ibanez in my eyes. I know I'll get shit for this statement, but it's just how I view Ibanez. Ibanez has played a huge role in my guitar journey and I know it has to many, many others. I actually really liked the AZs though. I think they nailed that Suhr type while still feeling like you are playing an Ibanez. I didn't believe it though until I actually played one and I felt right at home with it.

EDIT: I'm already waiting for the reply of the headless Ibanez from the 80s was it?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  13. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Multiscale 7 string headless RBM model, or Ibanez truly gives no fucks about the ERG community and thinks we’re cheap whores and easy marks.....

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    aesthyrian and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  14. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Wish granted, but it's only available in a black finish with whatever fretboard wood you don't like. :lol:

Solodini, Masoo2, aesthyrian and 3 others like this.
  15. DCM_Allan

DCM_Allan Sol Invictus

I think I have an Idea about it, there was an event in Germany where was announced the new CUSTOM SHOP option of Ibanez, it will consist on J-Customs that we can order with our own wood choice, hardware and color choice, the only thing that can't be change is the tree of life Inlay, it will be made by Sugi luthiers and estimated price range will be 5-7K, which is a shame by ibanez to offer such as limited CUSTOM SHOP Option, at least it will be part of the BIG Surprise.

16. exo

exo SS.org Regular

No it’ll have abalone inlays of abalones, with mother of pearl binding on a puke bust Burl veneer too, just to spite BC Rich and further screw those of us that just want an awesome guitar....

Solodini, aesthyrian and Opion like this.
  17. DCM_Allan

DCM_Allan Sol Invictus

I agree, an ibanez is not ibanez without his headstock.

Through my Ibanez lacs instagram page, James from tesseract told me that a new signature is coming, probable at the middle of year.

18. I play music

I play music SS.org Regular

Who says that the headless bass is not already the BIG news?
    As much as I'd love to see a headless guitar as well, I would be surprised if they release it the same year instead of testing the waters with bass and then the guitar a year after that with lessons learned from the bass ;-)

Opion likes this.
  19. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

A headless Saber would send me on a crime spree to finance one

20. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Ibanez Enthusiast

8 string trem! 8 string trem!

LoPro 8! Edge Zero 8! Original Edge 7 and 8!

HSH everything!

Any of these will do for the big news. Semi-custom Js would satisfy me since I wouldn't be able to afford it. Headless would be cool as my biggest gripe with strandys is the uber thick neck.

Haters gonna hate, either way, Ibby still make that money and I still fan girl over them.