Ibanez floral jem for $500???

hebing_rain

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just found this ibanez floral jem for sale for around $500. Can anyone help verify the authenticity at least somewhat? I've checked the serial number and it's real. I'm genuinely interested to see if it's real, since I've never seen a floral jem go this low.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
That site is sketchy as fuck. Not sure if that's a Bosnian craiglist type site or whatever or if you're local to it, maybe, but I'd say nah.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Bridge is wrong

It's fake

Edit: Whoops maybe it's the right bridge. But it looks off to me

Giest

Never a tune you can dance to.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not even close lol.

hebing_rain

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just found this ibanez floral jem for sale for around $500. Can anyone help verify the authenticity at least somewhat? I've checked the serial number and it's real. I'm genuinely interested to see if it's real, since I've never seen a floral jem go this low.
Jesus Christ I feel retarded for saying the serial number is "real" I meant it got verified on that one site for serial numbers.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And that’s why we cover serial numbers in our pictures

Serial numbers are crazy easy to spoof. Always has been in the technology age.

The reason serial numbers were originally covered in some sales was that the particular guitar, with its unique serial number, was at risk of being counterfeit. This was primarily used in the vintage guitar trade, and artist owned guitar market, back when counterfeiting was on expensive, particular pieces vs. random stuff.

Hiding a serial on plain production stuff does nothing.

Like a lot of things in the guitar space, it was something done for a specific purpose by high end and specialty sellers that average Joe's sort of started doing without really understanding.

It's harmless though, so if you do it, it's all good. Just giving some context.

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
Serial numbers are crazy easy to spoof. Always has been in the technology age.

The reason serial numbers were originally covered in some sales was that the particular guitar, with its unique serial number, was at risk of being counterfeit. This was primarily used in the vintage guitar trade, and artist owned guitar market, back when counterfeiting was on expensive, particular pieces vs. random stuff.

Hiding a serial on plain production stuff does nothing.

Like a lot of things in the guitar space, it was something done for a specific purpose by high end and specialty sellers that average Joe's sort of started doing without really understanding.

It's harmless though, so if you do it, it's all good. Just giving some context.
True, I should have clarified that it really only matters for rare items. I was an average joe blindly doing it myself when I first started selling before I realized that there are databases counterfeit sellers could easily use. I haven’t bothered in years, save for maybe when I sold my UV777 a while back, which isn’t particularly rare, but definitely counterfeited often.

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Speaking of great adds
Unbelievable price, blurry pics…
Some are popping since this week end….
Wonder how you can scam on reverb as regular paypal got a guarantee ….

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Definitely a fake-

Monkey Grip looks like it was cut by an 11 year old
The word JEM on the headstock is way too close to the Ibanez logo
Gold Ibanez Logo only came on the 7VWH
FP’s have a green inlay, not a white one
Lion’s Claw route was also done by said 11 year old

Marked Man

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Definitely a fake-

Monkey Grip looks like it was cut by an 11 year old
The word JEM on the headstock is way too close to the Ibanez logo
Gold Ibanez Logo only came on the 7VWH
FP’s have a green inlay, not a white one
Lion’s Claw route was also done by said 11 year old

No, I judge the "luthier" to be about 9 years old.

:ugh:

Giest

Never a tune you can dance to.
Contributor
Reaction score
Reverb rarely arbitrates between buyer and seller, it's a dressed up craigslist for instruments. You can take the claim to Paypal, but they are going to tell you what you bought was "as is" so tough nuts. If it wasn't bought "as is" perhaps Reverb might arbitrate it, but no scammer is going to sell any other way.

Understand that nine times out of ten when PayPal reimburses you it comes out of their pocket because the scammer has cut tail and moved the funds. They are not fiscally inclined to fulfill their safety net for you if they can reasonably assert that you never had one in the first place because of the purchase stipulations.

Musiscience

Tarnished
Reaction score
Speaking of great adds
Unbelievable price, blurry pics…
Some are popping since this week end….

Some people are unaware they have a fake as they might have bought it on he used market and are not knowledgeable about the brand or guitars in general.

Not saying it’s the case here, but it’s always a possibility with these types of ads.

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
This guitar looks like it was modded, like from a real Ibanez but crudely butchered into that... thing... also, not sure about those colors on the flower pattern... the trem claw... that trem claw...

That site is sketchy as fuck. Not sure if that's a Bosnian craiglist type site or whatever or if you're local to it, maybe, but I'd say nah.

OLX is a kind of Craig List brand, established in several countries in Europe, Portugal, Poland and Bosnia seem to be some. The sites are pretty OK, but they, as brand, don't interfere on any sale and they advise people not to fall into scams.