Ibanez(esque) custom replacement necks?

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Sullen, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Sullen

Sullen In misery we rest

Are there still folks around making custom replacement necks?

I've been sitting on a custom body for years that would like to get a neck built for, and the person I was talking to some years ago (Dave Johns) to do it, stopped doing that sort of work and unfortunately life got in the way and could't really got to commission the work to somebody else.

I'm looking to get an Ibanez replacement neck with reverse headstock. I will supply the wood, and materials. I have a pretty good idea of what I want, but also open to suggestions.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, or want to take over the project let me know, send me some examples of your work, and let's talk.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Sullen

Sullen In misery we rest

No one in the US to take on this project?

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Have you spoken to Perle yet? He might not have tons of options and he's usually pretty packed for orders, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

But, he's the only guy making "Ibanez" necks full time in North America as far as I know.

I've gotten parts (necks, bodies, pickguards, etc.) from him and he does solid work.

aesthyrian likes this.
  4. Sullen

Sullen In misery we rest

Thanks for the recommendation

I've gotten parts from Perle before. Actually, I'm pretty sure the body I'm doing the request for is one of his.

The reason I didn't think of him, is because I have the wood and parts I want to use, and also some special request in terms of the building of the neck itself I want to use, and I know Perle have his building methods established, same with ET Guitars.

I'm basically looking for a Luthier that does custom jobs, and is willing to replicate the shape and headstock of an Ibanez neck, and also willing to use my parts and materials.