Ibanez AZES

jl-austin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone has seen these.

p_region_AZES40_PRB_1P_01_sub_1.jpg

p_region_AZES31_VM_1P_01_sub_3.jpg

To me it looks like a Fender strat clone with a AZ headstock.

Ataraxia2320

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Holy shit, Ibanez must have read my mind because I was looking into getting a 25 inch scale fixed bridge strat made.

Now I'll just pick up one of these. Wonder how much they will cost?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Holy shit this is so cryptic. Lmao.

I must have missed an announcement. But someone just shared the prices so yeah if it’s ~$350 then it’s not comparable to a $1.5k+ AZ. Ok it’s a budget guitar.

That's what I mean, it's just a re-dressed cheapo Strat copy. It doesn't have any of the features that make an AZ a compelling instrument.

Zeppelinskies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think they've played a bit of a blinder here - this looks to be a superb beginners guitar - the AANJ and the switching system from the AZ line gives it something different from other guitars in the same price range. If they can maintain a solid QC these should sell like hotcakes. And there is enough differentiation between that and a premium AZ to justify upgrading when the time comes.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
Hoping they'll put out a fixed bridge AZ on their higher-end lines at some point. I'd definitely cop the butterscotch one and put a Hot Rails in the bridge position since the fixed bridge ones only come in SSS configuration.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Butterscotch and Mint are flavors that don't belong together, and apparently that's true aesthetically, too.

IMO, it's a little weird that the pickguard stops where it does on the lower horn.
I actually LOVE that pickguard, I think it really makes it look non strat like so really helps give it it's own vibe. But yeah, butterscotch and mint is a no go for me.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Dude....why 25 inches? Man. I was actually going to pick one up until I saw that.