Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

zw470

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just miss Ibanez being Ibanez.

Where is the goofy new trem every few years? The campy color matched inlays? The weird, "who asked for this?" model that becomes a cult classic?

It feels like they're trying to be ESP or Schecter. Just chasing trends and using whatever hardware everyone else is.

There was always a beauty to having everything in-house and different, even if it wasn't objectively better.

Everyone just makes the same boring ass baked maple, two point, neo-vintage whatever-caster.

Give me stupid, campy, shred sticks with finicky hardware and pickups no one cares about.

Agree with all of this except the trem. Edge/Lo-Pro Edge all the things.

Eric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. It arrived today and I see the flame in the binding. Looks like the RG3120F has the 4mm cap like it’s predecessor, the RG3120
3120s are beautiful. Let’s see some pics!

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I would really like to see more prestige models like the RG2027XL, preferably with reverse headstock (Ibanez has the sickest inline reverse headstocks!) and some exciting color options.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I just miss Ibanez being Ibanez.

Where is the goofy new trem every few years? The campy color matched inlays? The weird, "who asked for this?" model that becomes a cult classic?

It feels like they're trying to be ESP or Schecter. Just chasing trends and using whatever hardware everyone else is.

There was always a beauty to having everything in-house and different, even if it wasn't objectively better.

Everyone just makes the same boring ass baked maple, two point, neo-vintage whatever-caster.

Give me stupid, campy, shred sticks with finicky hardware and pickups no one cares about.

Quoting because this can't be said enough.

It also makes me miss the ZR and Edge Zero bridges more. I know I'm in the minority, but I really liked those. The ZR7 especially.

Stephan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Same as every year:
RG prestige, fixed bridge, 7 strings, HH, 27 scale length, black, bolt on, ebony board, preferably no inlays and reversed headstock.

Simple. Would be a killer.

zw470

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love me some Edges and Lo-Pros, but I also love me some weird new shit. It was fun learning the new units, the good and the bad.

Ok, I'll compromise on new bridges as long as they're either black or powder cosmo.

Lukhas

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
... double edge 6s and 7s in both RG and S series... and other as well, why not? that would be cool. Vintage Violin finish is OK...
Sign me in if it's a Lo Pro/Edge Pro instead of an Edge, the fine tuners keep getting caught in my sleeves on standard trems. The sixes aren't impossible to find second hand (albeit with marks and blemishes from the years and if you're willing to ship internationally), but the sevens... Let's say it's a good thing we have catalogues as evidence of their production, otherwise you'd doubt they ever existed. Bonus points if it's a RGT actually, wouldn't mind some neck-though action.

No, not a Majesty. They do exist, but I'd like not to sell a kidney, thanks.

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
T
Sign me in if it's a Lo Pro/Edge Pro instead of an Edge, the fine tuners keep getting caught in my sleeves on standard trems. The sixes aren't impossible to find second hand (albeit with marks and blemishes from the years and if you're willing to ship internationally), but the sevens... Let's say it's a good thing we have catalogues as evidence of their production, otherwise you'd doubt they ever existed. Bonus points if it's a RGT actually, wouldn't mind some neck-though action.

No, not a Majesty. They do exist, but I'd like not to sell a kidney, thanks.
Thankfully I've got 2 of the 7s...

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Now I kind of want a guitar made of cement with a tremolo painted in pastel colours. Maybe with built-in affects that jive with the music I play. Although maybe I am taking the added wait from the cement for granite. Please precede with my order irregarless of weather or it's passible to build.

Ok, that's enough malapropisms, now I will go fade into a Bolivian.

did you say Bolivian

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
As someone who grinds in music retail, I'm content with them sticking with the Lo Pro edge, getting parts for their new design bridge a few years later is impossible, so from that aspect I can rejoice, but I do miss the older times.

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I loved the ZR bridges, I wish they'd kept them around, or reworked them somehow

ZR was one of the reasons I first wanted an S series. I figured you could get an Indonesian one for like $500 at the time and it had a trem that you wouldn't need to replace, unlike the RGs that all had Edge IIIs at the time. Only ever played it a handful of times at guitar stores like 15 years ago though, so I can't speak to the long-term quality I guess :lol:

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Kind of surprised that no one has picked up where the ZR left off actually
The ZR that was on my S420 was bulletproof. Could go for so long without tuning. Probably one of the most, if not THE most, stable trems I have owned.

I’d go and buy myself an S5470 but but a guitar that costs that much should not have ugly pickup rings.

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
A pointier, Ibanez-shaped headless guitar. Not the Quest. Too round to be a flagship Ibz headless for me.

The Mayones Hydra is a real nice shape. Nothing tops the shape of an RG for me. But its possible that might eat up the RG pie a bit.