Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The AZES actually has a really nice maple neck and at that price point, I think it won't change. They need to keep some distance to the more expensive AZ line.
I figure even with the roasted neck a AZES would still be a good 800 bucks or so less than the AZ. That aside I hope my local shops can get a AZES in so I can try it out. Might just get one next as a mod project. But I'll need to research a bit more to see if there are after market pickguards I can get in a HH configuration for them.

Last edited:

TrevorT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A pointier, Ibanez-shaped headless guitar. Not the Quest. Too round to be a flagship Ibz headless for me.

The Mayones Hydra is a real nice shape. Nothing tops the shape of an RG for me. But its possible that might eat up the RG pie a bit.
Yeah I was a bit disappointed with the Quest shape. I don't dislike it per se, but I was hoping for something pointier with more aggressive aesthetics. The Quest kinda grew on me as a shape for other styles of music (I might still get one down the road for blues/indie rock stuff that I sometimes play), but I'd really like to see a more metal-focused aesthetic on a headless Ibanez... maybe even with a trem 😁

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
3120s are beautiful. Let’s see some pics!
Ok, you asked for it! These are my three. Two 1999 RG3120 guitars in Twilight Blue and the aforementioned 2006 RG3120F in Dark Amber. These two finishes might be some of the best Ibanez has ever released. The RG870QMZ in Red Desert and the RG8520 in Sodalite Blue come close.
38301FBD-672C-4DA7-AEDC-61BFA1C66948.jpeg
4A0DCC26-0DC7-477E-AEB5-A52904F844D4.jpeg
50BDC040-E0F0-4FAA-9412-F44021337586.jpeg

Lukhas

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thankfully I've got 2 of the 7s...
To my eyes, that's one too many, need to spread the love. :lol: Regardless of that, there aren't that many options for a trem equipped piezo guitar if you don't want to get your knuckles dirty. It's not exactly as if MusicMan is cornering the market with the JP/Majesty models considering the price they ask for those guitars. I guess brands don't think it's worth it (even though you can find some fixed bridge piezo instruments); at least Ibanez tried something almost a generation ago I guess.

Eric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
To my eyes, that's one too many, need to spread the love. :lol: Regardless of that, there aren't that many options for a trem equipped piezo guitar if you don't want to get your knuckles dirty. It's not exactly as if MusicMan is cornering the market with the JP/Majesty models considering the price they ask for those guitars. I guess brands don't think it's worth it (even though you can find some fixed bridge piezo instruments); at least Ibanez tried something almost a generation ago I guess.

About spreading the love... I'm sorry, those here won't leave anytime soon... they are my precious...

... and... eeerrr... you probably should head over to this thread, and read at least pages 1 and 2 till the end and then the other pages if you like the these first 2...

@Eric this is a popular saying here in Portugal: falou o roto para o nu, porque não te vestes tu? 😁 in Portuguese this saying rimes... and is kind of funny for its nonsense...

Last edited:

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
The RG5320 cosmic shadow is one of the coolest finishes I’ve seen that’s not flamed maple. Imagine if they stained that blue or red or something.

Rg550man

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd like to see less woodgrains and quilt tops, guitars that are woodgrain on sides and back and less dull, mundane, puke looking colors. I'd love to see more bright, neon, fluorescent colors like what put them on the map like neon green, neon pink, red, blue and white. Also some blacks. Ever since the discontinued the RG3550 & RG3250, The Genesis is the only appealing guitar they've had, but it's the same colors every year and everyone already has all of those. That's where they need to expand colors.

And bring back the RG3550 or something similar with the ZP-S3 tremolo. And paint the entire guitars one color and stop leaving part of them woodgrain. And bring back some cool, bright colored graphic designs as well. And bring some swirl models to market. Ibanez has really fallen far behind the other companies in the aforementioned areas!

Attachments

• download.jpeg-6.jpg
    download.jpeg-6.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 19
  • OIP.jpeg-210.jpg
    OIP.jpeg-210.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
  • th-23.jpg
    th-23.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 23
  • th-35.jpg
    th-35.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 20

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
I'd like to see less woodgrains and quilt tops, guitars that are woodgrain on sides and back and less dull, mundane, puke looking colors. I'd love to see more bright, neon, fluorescent colors like what put them on the map like neon green, neon pink, red, blue and white. Also some blacks. Ever since the discontinued the RG3550 & RG3250, The Genesis is the only appealing guitar they've had, but it's the same colors every year and everyone already has all of those. That's where they need to expand colors.

And bring back the RG3550 or something similar with the ZP-S3 tremolo. And paint the entire guitars one color and stop leaving part of them woodgrain. And bring back some cool, bright colored graphic designs as well. And bring some swirl models to market. Ibanez has really fallen far behind the other companies in the aforementioned areas!
Username checks out. :agreed:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I figure even with the roasted neck a AZES would still be a good 800 bucks or so less than the AZ. That aside I hope my local shops can get a AZES in so I can try it out. Might just get one next as a mod project. But I'll need to research a bit more to see if there are after market pickguards I can get in a HH configuration for them.
As far as I know there's no aftermarket pickguards available. I made an own template for my modification when I upgraded the PUs, never liked that "empty" lower horn.

Ibanez AZES custom pickguard

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Kind of funny, Fender/Charvel was quicker to put out neon guitars than Ibanez was in the last couple of years.

I’m fine with a lack of neon pink and neon yellow, but there should always be an LNG model in production, in some format or another.

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
I wonder when they'll actually start to bring solids back.

Plus, why don't they just do the 550s with AANJ? I guess that would make it the 655 ? right?

So I guess I want 655 in some metallic color.

Infact, the best, for me, would also be a 655 with a hardtail. I guess that would be a 6551 or 651.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Kind of funny, Fender/Charvel was quicker to put out neon guitars than Ibanez was in the last couple of years.

I’m fine with a lack of neon pink and neon yellow, but there should always be an LNG model in production, in some format or another.
Yes. :agreed:

Brayden Buckingham

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
27" scale 7 string with a TOM bridge that's not through body . Very niche , but think of Josh Middleton's ESP but 7 string and Ibanez . The RGXL is super nice , but I don't really need another guitar with a floyd , plus tuning down with them makes it a hassle .