Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 95 31.3%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 50 16.4%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 11.8%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 41 13.5%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 82 27.0%

• Total voters

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can't really compare an Indonesian S to an MIJ RG.

How about a MIK SZ to a MIJ JEM?

The SZ I got in ‘05 for $500 was flawless, the $1650 JEM7V I got in 1997 had the wrong color pickup screws, the middle pickup wasn’t functioning and the lion’s claw route is a mess of sawdust/wood burs .

I was just so damn happy to have the JEM I didn’t care enough to return it and eventually took care of the issues on my own, minus the lion’s claw.

Neon_Knight_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How about a MIK SZ to a MIJ JEM?

The SZ I got in ‘05 for $500 was flawless, the $1650 JEM7V I got in 1997 had the wrong color pickup screws, the middle pickup wasn’t functioning and the lion’s claw route is a mess of sawdust/wood burs .

I was just so damn happy to have the JEM I didn’t care enough to return it and eventually took care of the issues on my own, minus the lion’s claw.
I was pointing out that an S521 and an RG521 are not the same line / spec of guitar but with a different body shape, despite both being "521". 🤷‍♂️

Giest

Never a tune you can dance to.
Contributor
Reaction score
Looking through the Ibanez releases and a few thread pages back is it correct to conclude there were no new 7 or 8 strings for 2022?

Giest

Contributor
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal Ah, ok my mistake. Thanks. Wish I liked the AZ necks, guess I'll wait another trip around the sun.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal Ah, ok my mistake. Thanks. Wish I liked the AZ necks, guess I'll wait another trip around the sun.

Yeah, I don't think that many people were stoked about it. I think it's kinda ugly, but I suppose others like the cheapo burl look.

Giest

Contributor
Reaction score
Yea burl is not my thing either personally. I like the prestige blue model cosmetically at lot, though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea burl is not my thing either personally. I like the prestige blue model cosmetically at lot, though.

Yeah, the Prestige ones nailed the esthetic, I feel.

The Standard/Essential ones too. It's just the Premium that are an "acquired taste."

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
The blue top fixed bridge model with the swamp ash body has been available since 2021 I believe. I have been tempted.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
So you're saying that they've photoshopped only that guitar to appear darker? Why would they bother?

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
So you're saying that they've photoshopped only that guitar to appear darker? Why would they bother?
In photography and videography the editor plays with color lightning and shadows, so in the video when they are editing with computers and software they add colorgrading so the colors change, the same with photos, yhe photo that you shared was edited in lightroom

Latest posts