Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 102 31.2%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 53 16.2%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 44 13.5%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 92 28.1%

• Total voters

Thesius

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know that Japan are/were having issues with EMS so the shipping prices increased a lot as they had to use other means.
I believe that is just Japan Post. FedEx and DHL are operating as usual. It's what I use

AltecGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
be real, how many people are paying 300 shipping and customs to buy guitars out of japan?
Depends on which country you are in. Shipping is higher after Covid but not yet $300 even with heavy hard case. EMS is back in service albeit slow. I paid $140 on the last guitar I got from Japan and paid no duty. That was a month ago.

Most of my guitars and guitar gear come from Japan. I buy more stuff online from Japan than in the US. I get a shipment 2-3 times a month from Japan.

UtterGimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There was briefly a fixed-bridge model in the Genesis line - the RG521. It was only produced 2017-18, which doesn't really surprise me, as the Genesis line is targeted at people who want a brand new classic '80s shred guitar (i.e. most will want a trem). It's possible that there's still one floating around in a store / warehouse, but the used market would be more likely. There are several current fixed-bridge Prestige models, but these cost more than Genesis.
I actually have the S521 MOL ;p it's not a bad guitar now but out the box it was badly set up and incredibly dry, the fretboard needed a fair bit of attention, so that sort of put me off the lower end ibanez stuff. I mean, I know they're totally different guitars but I have some high end instruments that play super well but they're not really for shredding on and don't lend themselves to it, stuff like the LP Custom for example (I feel) lends itself more to meaty chords and slower more bluesy solos, perhaps this is just because I've got gimpy little hands. It's an excellent guitar, but horses for courses and all that :p

UtterGimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
EMS (Japan Post) has been back in service for about a year but the prices have gone up and delivery time is now much longer than FedEx or DHL.
correct, I got some apagard (patented Japanese toothpaste. If you don't know, GET ON IT, it's saved me a fortune in dental costs) a few months back and it took about 7 weeks to arrive :/ before covid it would be more like 14 days (also known as "two weeks" lol)

UtterGimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I actually have the S521 MOL ;p it's not a bad guitar now but out the box it was badly set up and incredibly dry, the fretboard needed a fair bit of attention, so that sort of put me off the lower end ibanez stuff. I mean, I know they're totally different guitars but I have some high end instruments that play super well but they're not really for shredding on and don't lend themselves to it, stuff like the LP Custom for example (I feel) lends itself more to meaty chords and slower more bluesy solos, perhaps this is just because I've got gimpy little hands. It's an excellent guitar, but horses for courses and all that :p
also, in fairness, I used to play "loony fast" but I think my psoriatic arthritis and "being an electronic musician" for many years kinda put paid to that. Need to build up again but I don't think I'm going to get back to those levels, but my hands hurt now when playing fatter necks and doing bigger stretches. C'est la vie! :(

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
correct, I got some apagard (patented Japanese toothpaste. If you don't know, GET ON IT, it's saved me a fortune in dental costs) a few months back and it took about 7 weeks to arrive :/ before covid it would be more like 14 days (also known as "two weeks" lol)

And here I am importing Colgate.

UtterGimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
And here I am importing Colgate.
LOOOOOL ;p your doorstep must be awash with tidal waves of APAGARD (not an insensitive tsunami joke, btw, just need to make that clear). If I lived in Tokyo I'd have ALL THE APAGARDZ!

jl-austin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I contacted my US dealer (who contacted his Ibanez rep) and the word is that the RG565 in Vampire Kiss and Blue is for Europe only. :(

Dooky

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, I've placed my order for one of the Vampire Kiss RG565's. Only a very slight price increase from the previous RG565's and should arrive early November. Pretty excited.

Thesius

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I contacted my US dealer (who contacted his Ibanez rep) and the word is that the RG565 in Vampire Kiss and Blue is for Europe only. :(
Can always use a reshipping service if really want one. I use them a fair amount

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I remember on Facebook someone in the USA picking one up in Vampire's Kiss.
His girlfriend was like "Why did you buy a brown guitar?" lol

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some, but not extensive nor post-covid.

Before covid i found it relatively easy, buy online and then get hit with VAT and Import duty in an invoice from the shipping handlers. VAT is 20% and Import Duty is 3.7% on the total value including VAT.
I never understood the logic on paying VAT and import duties on the shipping too! I mean the price of the item it makes sense, but the effin' shipping? Which is already has VAT from the country shipping!

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just an excuse to tax us more. Same way fuel has a "duty" priced into it, which is simply a tax paid to the government. As well as VAT paid to the Government. But we also need to pay Road Tax to the Government. And all of this is paid out of our money which we have already paid income tax on. To the Government.

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
From manufacturing an item, being taxed at source if one takes into account it is manufactured in the country that sells it, to the tax the supplier pays, to the tax the seller pays, to the tax the consumer pays, the goverments gets a big chunk from taxes and still manage to fuck up most basic things.

Neon_Knight_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can't really compare an Indonesian S to an MIJ RG.