Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 91 30.4%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 49 16.4%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 12.0%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 82 27.4%

• Total voters

Tom odd 7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
the look interesting. does anyone know if there will be fixed bridge models? I'm too retarded these days to buy anything with a tremolo
Around 1000€, the RG631, but it's axion label, you may not be interested in a non-MIJ (as the RGT1221 premium). Otherwise, Prestige ones...

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Christ ;p Although, having said that, I heard THE DEE is different now. Ever since they put in THE DUNDEE STOCK EXCHANGE (lol) things changed a lot. Last time I went it didn't seem anywhere near as wild. Fun fact, for some time, Dundee had the most stagnant gene pool in the Western world :eek:

That's amazing! :D I moved back to England in approx 2011. Whenever I go back to Dundee, although it looks the same from the horizon and road layout, it might as well be a different city! It feels very different to how it was. Almost like they're trying to squeeze too much in.

the look interesting. does anyone know if there will be fixed bridge models? I'm too retarded these days to buy anything with a tremolo

Not Japanese but this is intriguing me:

p_region_RGRTB621_BKF_1P_01.png

483985-Ibanez-RGRTB621-BKF-Iron-Label-Guitar-Black-Flat-Body-Angle.jpg

UtterGimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
s
That's amazing! :D I moved back to England in approx 2011. Whenever I go back to Dundee, although it looks the same from the horizon and road layout, it might as well be a different city! It feels very different to how it was. Almost like they're trying to squeeze too much in.

same, interested to try one of those out, too.
Regarding Dundee, aye, it's like they've put someone blind in charge of simcity on the snes.

UtterGimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Around 1000€, the RG631, but it's axion label, you may not be interested in a non-MIJ (as the RGT1221 premium). Otherwise, Prestige ones...
Nah that looks really cool to me, had been looking at it in the past, too. The main problem I have is that there's nowhere to go to try stuff, I live miles away from anywhere (by choice lol but it has its drawbacks). I could probably get away with a few buys/returns before being banned from Thomann, I guess, and would surely find something I don't want to return sooner or later (y) I'm really looking for a 7 string rn, too, so maybe should combine my ibanez/7 string quest. I've been looking at 2nd hand schecters (just had an offer declined on one, though, OH THE HUMANITY) and also been thinking of going the Amarok route, but the QC on them seems all over the place and I've got gimpy little hands so the schecters seems more made for folks like me.

Tom odd 7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Tom odd 7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nah that looks really cool to me, had been looking at it in the past, too. The main problem I have is that there's nowhere to go to try stuff, I live miles away from anywhere (by choice lol but it has its drawbacks). I could probably get away with a few buys/returns before being banned from Thomann, I guess, and would surely find something I don't want to return sooner or later (y) I'm really looking for a 7 string rn, too, so maybe should combine my ibanez/7 string quest. I've been looking at 2nd hand schecters (just had an offer declined on one, though, OH THE HUMANITY) and also been thinking of going the Amarok route, but the QC on them seems all over the place and I've got gimpy little hands so the schecters seems more made for folks like me.

All right then'.
Go for what suits you the best, indeed.

AltecGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
what major brand has quality MIJ stuff for under 1k? barely more than a regular mexican strat, and most mid tier indo garbage is >1k

Due to the current dollar-yen exchange rate, many Fender Japan MIJ lines are under $1k USD right now. A 60's MIJ strat is under $800 USD.

FGN has this MIJ model which is just a tad over $1K USD.

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...

This afternoon, after going to the dentist with my older kid, we passed by a local music store just to see what was around and that one was there. I didn't touch it, even less played it, but the its look in person is dark metal sharp. Gorgeous... if it was a 7 stringer, I doubt I wouldn't touch it at least... I'm missing a neck-through guitar since... ever, I think...

bzhang9

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Due to the current dollar-yen exchange rate, many Fender Japan MIJ lines are under $1k USD right now. A 60's MIJ strat is under $800 USD.

FGN has this MIJ model which is just a tad over $1K USD.

be real, how many people are paying 300 shipping and customs to buy guitars out of japan?

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Reaction score
be real, how many people are paying 300 shipping and customs to buy guitars out of japan?
You would be surprised. Depending on your locality and taxes it's actually cheaper. The last 4-5 ESPs I've bought have been from Japan because prices in Australia domestically went berserk.

UtterGimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
be real, how many people are paying 300 shipping and customs to buy guitars out of japan
that very much depends on where you are. For example, I recently ordered a cassette tape from the UK (I live in Spain). It cost £8. Customs charges were £12. Go figure.

HOWEVER, when I order anything from China or Japan, (say for example the 3d printer I got earlier this year which cost around £500 from China) there are NEVER any customs charges. I know China has Spain over a barrel these days but I'm not sure why they just wave through JP stuff, but I can confirm that they very much do. Maybe they just can't be bothered "figuring out the writing" (this may sound ridiculous but I could see it being a legit "thing" here). Very weird, but I'd have no qualms about ordering a guitar from Japan (If I had the money, and there was something I wanted)

UtterGimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
(also postage is always inexplicably free from China, but I do get your point on postage from Japan as that can be a bit savage regardless of import taxes, but if you (well, your nation's customs agency) knock off the latter you can sometimes still get decent bargains)

Neon_Knight_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There was briefly a fixed-bridge model in the Genesis line - the RG521. It was only produced 2017-18, which doesn't really surprise me, as the Genesis line is targeted at people who want a brand new classic '80s shred guitar (i.e. most will want a trem). It's possible that there's still one floating around in a store / warehouse, but the used market would be more likely. There are several current fixed-bridge Prestige models, but these cost more than Genesis.

_MonSTeR_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone here with much experience of importing guitars from Japan to England?

Some, but not extensive nor post-covid.

Before covid i found it relatively easy, buy online and then get hit with VAT and Import duty in an invoice from the shipping handlers. VAT is 20% and Import Duty is 3.7% on the total value including VAT.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know that Japan are/were having issues with EMS so the shipping prices increased a lot as they had to use other means.