Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 91 30.6%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 49 16.5%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 35 11.8%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 40 13.5%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 82 27.6%

• Total voters

tian

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For all the "Quest interested" I was originally quoted March for QX54QM so I inquired at Sweetwater if that date still holds. Just got a response that Ibanez has pushed the estimate back to September.

I heard some chatter on TGP there were issues with the bridges and them needing replacement but haven't heard anything official. Probably just going to move onto something else and maybe look to picking one up when they actually hit the wild.

Alberto7

Silly Goose Engineering
Contributor
Reaction score
For all the "Quest interested" I was originally quoted March for QX54QM so I inquired at Sweetwater if that date still holds. Just got a response that Ibanez has pushed the estimate back to September.

I heard some chatter on TGP there were issues with the bridges and them needing replacement but haven't heard anything official. Probably just going to move onto something else and maybe look to picking one up when they actually hit the wild.
I had preordered one of the new fancy GIOs with the chameleon sparkle finish and roasted necks. I was quoted May initially but then got pushed to August. I cancelled the preorder. It wasn't worth waiting that long for a GIO, though I do still wish I had one of those.

Buffnuggler

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Great to see these 50th anniversary models, 2022 has been the weakest year of Ibanez guitars I've seen, so this was a welcome surprise. Not surprised that all the 7 strings sold out instantly since that is really Ibanez's bread and butter. All in all, they are 50 beautiful guitars.

Did anybody else catch the weird wood blemish on Dark Iris to the left side of the trem? Surprised they used that top, it's such an insane piece of quilt, but I think that weird grain would bother me if I owned it. I don't know if it's just the light from the photos making it worse, but its too bad, because that quilt top is perfect otherwise and the color is exceptional.

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
I had preordered one of the new fancy GIOs with the chameleon sparkle finish and roasted necks. I was quoted May initially but then got pushed to August. I cancelled the preorder. It wasn't worth waiting that long for a GIO, though I do still wish I had one of those.

Do you mind if I ask where you pre-ordered from? I was thinking about picking up one of those GIO's, as they looked pretty nice to me and I don't have a GIO (except for a 15-yr old Mikro, which is surprisingly good for the price).

I haven't pre-ordered one but I did pre-order (from Sweetwater) one of those RGT1220 (or whatever they are - the neck-thru Premium with the brown top) - no idea when that's coming in.

But I really like the neck on my Mikro - chunkier than a normal Ibanez but not Fender chunky. Was hoping this GIO was similar.

Alberto7

Silly Goose Engineering
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you mind if I ask where you pre-ordered from? I was thinking about picking up one of those GIO's, as they looked pretty nice to me and I don't have a GIO (except for a 15-yr old Mikro, which is surprisingly good for the price).

I haven't pre-ordered one but I did pre-order (from Sweetwater) one of those RGT1220 (or whatever they are - the neck-thru Premium with the brown top) - no idea when that's coming in.

But I really like the neck on my Mikro - chunkier than a normal Ibanez but not Fender chunky. Was hoping this GIO was similar.
From Long & McQuade, here in Canada.

My first electric was a GIO from 2005, which I still have, and I've always found their neck shape pretty comfy and natural. It's a bit more of a C shape with a bit of shoulder, but it isn't what I would call fat by any means. Then again, I did pretty much learn to play on it, so it's normal I find it comfortable. Mine I believe has something they call a GRG1 neck. This new one has a Wizard II neck.