I was there

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Metallica Damage Inc Tour with Cliff July 17th 1986. I feel very fortunate to have seen him only about two months before his death but also that I was able to catch the show with James before he was temporarily replaced with John Marshall only ten days later due to his broken arm. Third row back/ left of stage center and I felt like we made eye-contact with Cliff numerous times... we were so close. Ozzy headlined fwiw but I'll never forget feeling like the Metallica energy was what blew the roof off of that place.
I saw them three (!) times opening for Ozzy on that tour, including one with Marshall playing. James looked lost without a guitar. :lol:

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was "Erotomania", and JP definitely screwed it up. LaBrie didn't miss stuff so much as take alternate notes, which is fine, but then when I listened to the CD of it I was like "Bro, that's not what you did!". :lol:

I'm *still* friends with a bunch of people from the 'Jam. I joined right about the time Awake came out - and a huge part of that list (including the promoter) went on to be the original core of the ProgPowerUSA festival. (Yeah, I was also at the first one of those.)

Man, I lent that DVD to a cousin of mine, with my ticket stub inside of it, about 20 years ago, I don’t think I’ll ever see it again as he kind of went off the grid somewhere.

I do remember LaBrie altering melodies quite a bit. There’s surely a bootleg out there, it’d be fun to compare them sometime. I’ll have to order that DVD again, I’ve never heard it in 5.1.

Hahahaha this just popped in my head; I stayed over Kevan from Jemsite’s place the night before. I was trying to get him to come to the show and he goes “Fuck no. I’m still pissed at Petrucci because Ibanez was working on his anniversary model when he knew he was leaving and now we don’t have a UV10th. Fuck Dream Theater.” :lol:

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
I was there when The Psyke Project did a one-of reunion gig at the 2019 Copenhell festival in Denmark!

The reason why this was a big thing for me is that I've been a massive fan of the band ever since their inception, and during their short lived existence. Their music carried me through a dark period in my life where I was lost and heartbroken. I saw them live several times, but when they played their "farewell" concert I wasn't able to attend, and that nagged me a fair bit.
Their Copenhell show was a comforting, chaotic and absolutely amazing way to finally say goodbye to a band, that have meant a great deal to me, and I found the entire event to be quite emotional for me. As a bonus they played ALL my favorites by them.
The concert ended with the bassist breaking his bass and throwing the bits out into the crowd. He had used that bass for every gig with that band since the beginning, so it felt like a proper way to underline that that was it.
It felt like a really special thing. Also met some of the guys the day before the gig. They had a vinyl release party where they sold and signing vinyls of a couple of their releases, so I got to look them in the eyes, shake their hands and tell them what it meant to me.
Fund memories indeed :)

For anyone interested, this is them:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, I lent that DVD to a cousin of mine, with my ticket stub inside of it, about 20 years ago, I don’t think I’ll ever see it again as he kind of went off the grid somewhere.

I do remember LaBrie altering melodies quite a bit. There’s surely a bootleg out there, it’d be fun to compare them sometime. I’ll have to order that DVD again, I’ve never heard it in 5.1.

Hahahaha this just popped in my head; I stayed over Kevan from Jemsite’s place the night before. I was trying to get him to come to the show and he goes “Fuck no. I’m still pissed at Petrucci because Ibanez was working on his anniversary model when he knew he was leaving and now we don’t have a UV10th. Fuck Dream Theater.” :lol:
Heh. That's totally Kevan. :lol:
I have the CD with the original cover with the WTC on top of the burning apple. :(

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
I saw Tool open for Rollins band at CBGB's two nights in a row. Got in free one night, 10 bucks then next.

I saw Cheap Trick at a private party at CBGB'S. Free.

I saw the Ramones at Coney Island High (small NYC club in the 90's...no longer around)

I saw the Beastie Boys under the moniker Quasar and Sick Of It All under the moniker Alleyway Crew at Coney Island High for 5 bucks.

I met Bruce Dickinson, Dio and Lemmy in the same night once.

There's more but I'm getting old...

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Heh. That's totally Kevan. :lol:
I have the CD with the original cover with the WTC on top of the burning apple. :(

Yeah, I’ve got that too. Shit, that actually reminds me, it’s in a box up in Mass at my ex-wife’s father’s shop in the basement. I need to get that shit.

Bullmoose Music up in Maine never pulled it from the shelves, I should have grabbed a couple copies of it. I felt bad for the band right then, just shit timing.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
I was there when Hetfield sang "Would?" with Alice in Chains in 2006. Not an amazing moment but it's the only special one I've got.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fairgrounds, Des Moines, Iowa. Danzig, Suicidal Tendencies, Metallica.

It'd been raining all day right up until showtime, so Suicidal runs out, Mikey slips, smashes his leg against the corner of the drum riser, and had to instantly run backstage to wrap his leg. No vocals other than the crowd for most of the first song. He came out and finished the set. Last song, "Well, I can't really feel my leg anymore so we're gonna do one more then I gotta go." LOL.

My only other claim to shame was Stryper, with Hurricane opening. Hurricane's last gig of the tour so they "trashed the stage" during their last song. I'm sure it looked rad as fuck up close, but from our nose-bleed seats you could see they'd act like they were shoving over a fullstack, then you could tell they were very gently laying it down as it came close to slamming down. That was funny as heck to me even as a runtling.