I think I'm going nuts......

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by YYZ2112, Feb 21, 2005.

1. YYZ2112

YYZ2112 Um, yeah..... Contributor

because I'm actually starting to like the sound of the stock pickups in my 7420. Maybe my hearing should be tested or something. :confused: :nuts:

Someone needs to talk some sense into me.......

2. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

whatever works for you. don't listen to anyone else.

3. YYZ2112

I suppose you're right. I think the problem is that I've become used to them and have learned to live with them.

4. Vince

Vince Contributor

Rule #1 of music & art: There are no rules. "Good" is subjective. What one finds to be "good" another finds to be "bad".

If you are satisfied with the sound of the pickups, to hell with whatever anyone else thinks. What you think is what counts. That's my philosophy, anyway.

5. Leon

Rule #2: When someone imposes an artistic rule on you, refer them to Rule #1.
    :D

6. YYZ2112

That's all true, but sometimes you need someone to say something like, "dude, are you crazy.... that sounds like crap", because sometimes your own ears can deceive you.... At least mine do at times. I'll use this example;
    You're up late one night recording a song and you think it's the best thing you've ever done.....the next morning you listen back to your masterpiece with complete disgust because it sounds awful.....

I don't know where I'm going with this.... I'll shut up now and get back to work. I think the snow and cold is getting to me.... :nuts:

7. Dylan7620

Dylan7620 that guy

+1

i tried out soemguys rg120 with those powersounds in them,id tried many of them before and thought they were crap but when i plugged it into his blue voodoo they sounded great together. just goes to show you that everything is relative

8. Christopher

Christopher Total Rondo Addict! Contributor

Some rather strange combinations work out for the best. That's why using (and trusting) your ears is so valuable.

9. Leon

there's an audience of sleepy people in need of music that sounds great when you're sleepy :D

10. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

nothing wrong with stock p'ups.
    Whats funny is I can get my stock rg7620 sounding great (for single note leads anyway) on my SS practice amp, but I cant seem to find anything stellar sounding on my Mesa recto. Go figure..

Sometimes the stars and planets line up in such a way that with the right combo of "crappy stuff" you can pull off something rather beautiful.