I think I need a smoke now!

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by BigViolin, May 13, 2014.

1. BigViolin

BigViolin JEFF LOOMIS SOLOIST!

Just ordered my first 7, and second Carvin.

DC7x
    jet black satin
    birdseye board and headstock
    walnut/maple neck with mahogany wings
    body edge binding with rear naked clear

Very similar to Vinchester's beautiful build that has been hanging around the front page lately.

Ed was very helpful in taking my order, and offered advice where needed.

I don't smoke cigs but my first thought after hanging up was "man I might need a smoke now".

It's a good feeling, now the wait begins. :hbang:

watson503, Vinchester and stevexc like this.
  2. HaloHat

HaloHat 7 string Baritones

Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
    If you don't mind please post your NGD at the Carvin forum also. A lot of Carvins make it here but not the Carvin forum, that was especially true on the DC800 it seems.

Carvin will not spam you with a ton of emails and though not as metal as here the Carvin forum is a good group of people generally speaking [just like here] and the more support the 7 & 8's and extended scale guitars get at the Carvin website [and here] the better for all of us in the long run.

May the wait time fly by quickly for you :yesway:
    [you know if waiting is not your thing or if it makes you crazy Carvin has a "rush" option for approx. a 30 day build time. It costs $100 to do the rush option. Just sayin'...

3. 7stg

7stg SS.org Regular

Congrats, that's gonna be sweet. I am counting the days till mine arrives too.

4. Convictional

Convictional Starfish, Octopus

Threads like these make me want to pull the trigger on my next Carvin :wallbash: must... Resist... :wallbash:

5. lewstherin006

lewstherin006 SS.org Regular

Give in to the GAS.....

6. JustMac

JustMac ss not-so-regular

From what I can gather, people on this board have severe flatulence problems.... :cool:

7. shanerct

shanerct SS.org Regular

congrats man!!! I know how you feel. I just ordered my first and I'm checking my cc everyday since it was finalized to see if they charged me yet. lol

8. BigViolin

BigViolin JEFF LOOMIS SOLOIST!

Thanks everyone!

HaloHat,
    I've spent a little time at the carvin board and appreciate your advice on posting my guitar there. I agree about showing all the support we can to 7s and 8s. I'm one of guys hoping to see Carvin dive in to the multiscale arena so will speak up whenever I can.

The guy that took my order said they definitely listen and want to be progressive for their customers, even though it seems like it takes forever sometimes, they want to move forward with new models and ideas.

It seems to me the instrument and it's design/execution is progressing more in the last few years than it has since the 50s. Exciting stuff!!