I need your opinion for my band.

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by kagfer, Sep 16, 2013.

1. kagfer

kagfer New Member

We are a deathcore band from greece using sls blackjack 7 from schecter custom models and hughes and kettner tubemeister amp's (we've tried many amp's like engl and diezel moded versions for better distortion but the best sound was from the hughes and kettner) also we were thinking about buying the axe fx but I dissagree with that..what do you think? i personally prefer the analog sound in many ways (and yes i know is more expensive buying true-by-pass effects etc (only using isp decimator sound reduction atm) but i unlike the other guitarist prefer the analog sound..so this is our song to listen to what we do and give me some opinions thanks..

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. DarkWolfXV

DarkWolfXV Excised n anatomised

Pretty cool, reminds me of The Somatic Defilement era Whitechapel. Not as good of course, but a pleasing listen. Musically its very solid but production doesn't do it justice and drumming could use more and better fills, though. The guitar tone should be fizzier and heavier, because honestly it sounds like badly eq-ed LePou amp. It sounds pretty digital, and doesn't fit for the kind of music you are playing. If you played metalcore, it would be decent, but for heavy, chunky deathcore, nope, the production doesn't do you justice. Get 6505 or 5150 or whatever amps, they are the best for this style. The mixing and mastering job is unthreatening and unconvincing, dont like it. Like I said, heavier guitar tone. More gain, more fizz. If guy who mixes wants to make your guitars sound less heavy for "CLARITEH AND STUFF" tell him to .... himself next time, its not djent ffs. If you ever gonna do anything else, dont go with the guys who mixed and mastered this (It reeks of being mixed and mastered by guys who dont even do metal, so that might be the problem)
    Dont go axe-fx for this.

3. kagfer

kagfer New Member

thank you for your honest opinion :) and btw we werent using my seven string schecter back then neither my amp hughes and kettner and its true that the production wasnt pretty good i sent that link to know about my gerne (musically) if it suits axe fx but u answered that too so thank you very much :)