Hybrid Practice - Awareness (2020)

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by alessandroarzilli, Nov 28, 2020.

What's your favourite song?

This poll will close on Nov 28, 2024 at 3:28 PM.
  1. Pain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Reflections

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Eva

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The dead among us

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. You

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The blind and the mirror

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The seventh gift

100.0%
  1. alessandroarzilli

alessandroarzilli SS.org Regular

Hi everyone!
    I would like to promote my own project, Hybrid Practice. I made this whole EP by myself, in collaboration with a metal vocalist who sent me his vocal tracks. This project has been totally self-produced, so if you like what you're hearing, please support!

2. alessandroarzilli

alessandroarzilli SS.org Regular

I'm adding some technical details about my own production, as I feel that my previous post could seem just a shameless spam self promotion, but I want this to be something about sharing content and knowledge.
    Every guitar track that you hear in the EP has been recorded using my Jackson Dinky JS22-7 (which I heavily modded with a ToM bridge and 2 Duncan Solar humbucker pickups, bought from a friend who took them out of his Solar A2.7).
    90% of the time I've been using the bridge pickup, double tracking each rhythm section, paned 100% L and 100% R. The leads have been recorded in mono center.
    I've been using Neural DSP's Fortin NTS suite 2.0, with two presets I made myself, would love to share them, let me know if you're interested.
    Every bass track has been recorded using an Ibanez SR800 from 1995, a coworker lent me for a couple of weeks, awesome bass. I used Audio Assault's Duality VST plugn, again let me know if you're interested in knowing my preset.
    I programmed every drum track using Perfect Drums 1.6, using only the stock samples.
    I've been mixing and mastering myself every song using Reaper 5.9, no third party plugins.
    Would love to share my templates as well.