(HUGE Feeler) Gibson Gothic Les Paul

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by MFB, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MFB

MFB Banned

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: This is the Gibson Gothic Les Paul that I got from Lee (for those who know, bow your head in a moment of remembrance) going on 2 years ago shortly. Mahogany body, ebony board with a single moon/star inlay at the twelfth fret, Grover tuners etc... you all know about Les Pauls, so I won't bore you with details. It's a beast of a guitar and this is still a feeler since I feel iffy even trying to part with it, but after spending some time with it last night after it's restring; me and the Les Paul curvature don't go together like a horse and carriage anymore :( I've been playing my Strat a lot lately and really like the arm contour/flat tops like SG's and Tele's. (I haven't played a Tele in a while but the ones I remember playing were nice.)

Truth be told, she's been in my room as I've been afraid to play it as it's so nice as was the gesture, so I don't want to ding it and that' not fair to it. If I do trade it, I want it to be to someone who'll give it the play time and adoration it's worthy of.

Modifications (if any): Absolutely zero. Just restrung it with D'Addario Light Top/Heavy Bottoms (10-13-17-30-42-52) and took off the pickguard for purely aesthetic reasons. I changed the knobs from the Skull Head ones Lee had one there (as he told me, his son called it the "Mr. Scary" guitar :wub: [No relation to the George Lynch one]) to regular Speed knobs and one of the pots broke so one doesn't stay on. The strap pin by the neck also came out so that will need to be filled and put back in, or drill a new hole. Both of these are minor flaws.

Accessories (hardshell case etc): SKB Hardshell fitted case and Skull-head knobs

Location (City,State or City,Country): MA/NH border

Contact Info (No Phone #s) PM

References Required (eBay or other forum userid): 6 deals done on here (technically sold to 7 members but one was done on MG), as well as 7 or 8 sales on eBay and even more done on Goozex

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): I am ONLY interested in TRADING this for now, and to be perfectly frank, I'd love to trade it to someone who ISN'T a gear whore despite them having the other guitar I want/someone who'll have it for a long time and when they go back and play it, every time it's got that "Damn, I do love this guitar" feel. It's more about a good home for this guitar as that's what it deserves, and it'd kill me to see it back up here in an instant.

As for trades, the only things I'm really interested would be SG's (preferably brown if you've got a Faded Series, otherwise send pics) and Strats (maple board is my Achilles' heel).

Pictures: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remember folks, this still a HUGE feeler thread to test the waters, as I said, I'm still iffy about even trading it.

2. MFB

MFB Banned

:bump:

Figure I'd show some pics of things that will tempt me; most of which are long-shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...and various Telecasters too :D

3. MFB

MFB Banned

Safe to say this is no longer a feeler and I'm pretty content with trading it for something else. Trades are still preferred but if I had to put a number value, I'd say $700 shipped for guitar with hardcase.

4. MFB

MFB Banned

:locked:

It seems me and another fellow have come to an agreement that is fair and it'll be going off to a new home shortly.

5. MFB

MFB Banned

Unorthodox :bump:

Guy I traded with claimed that the neck is coming loose at the joint, as well as that the headstock was cracked but refinished, and the nut being loose, so therefore this is coming back into my possession. I looked at the pics he sent me and don't really see it, so I'm putting this back on the market and will obviously be putting up pics of potential "issues" that were raised.

...Even though that probably scared off anyone who would want to trade/buy :lol:

Edit : I will say, the nut being loose is an issue that ANYONE can fix themselves as you can take the nut off, clean out any glue that's there and then re-glue it in, as well as the headstock "crack" looks more like a finish crack, especially since the logo and serial number seem fine. So, the only really issue would be the neck coming loose from it's joint, which is shown in this pic.

If someone still wants to trade for/buy this, PM me obviously and we can work something out

Attached Files:

6. MFB

MFB Banned

OK, just got the guitar back in my possession and I really not see anything wrong with it aside from the neck joint being visible, and it's smooth as butter :shrug:

I'd say there's no issues here and should be still perfectly up for trade.

7. TemjinStrife

TemjinStrife Power Metal Cellist

Sounds like the guy who bought my RG565 initially :lol:

I've played this guitar (although close to two years ago at this point) and it's a pretty nice one.

8. MFB

MFB Banned

Putting it officially "for sale" versus trade, and I'd say total I'd be looking for is $675 SHIPPED. Normally costs me around $40 to ship out a guitar, and this one will be probably the same given the weight of the hardshell case, so for $625 you'd be getting the guitar WITH SKB hardshell. Not a bad deal.

9. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby SS.org Regular

10. RenegadeDave

RenegadeDave Huge nerd

11. MFB

MFB Banned

Should also throw it out there, I'm willing to also do POD X3's + cash as well!

12. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

Did you buy it off Lee?

13. MFB

MFB Banned

No, he gave it to me since I assume he wasn't playing it much and that's why I'm wanting it to go to someone who'll have it for a long time. I obviously was iffy even putting it up since it was a HUGE gesture, but I at least feel safe trading/selling it with one of the members on here versus selling it on Craiglist or something (which may also have it end up in a good home but who knows with CL)

14. Stealthtastic

Stealthtastic Doesn't play guitar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.