Howdy

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by hidrozoo, Oct 6, 2021.

1. hidrozoo

hidrozoo It's just a phase

Hi,

Been lurking in the unknown for a while. Thought I'd join to open the zillionth thread about EQ's and tones.

Quick background: Played guitar for a few years before switching to drums. Then I stopped playing music altogether. After a 10 year hiatus I picked up my guitar again (blame Covid lockdowns) and damn I'm having so much fun.

Definitely not an expert musician although pretty versed about sound/production. Currently screwing around with different genres and doing some fretboard gymnastics.

Thank y'all in retrospect for all the helpful threads :)

Cheers,
    S.

Woodland Burl and odibrom like this.
  2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Hi! :wavey:

Do you still play drums?

I bang on the drums. I wouldn't say that I play them. I will say, though, that I have gotten very good at annoying my neighbours.

I've been banging on guitar string without properly playing them for a long time, too. I've learned a lot of things on this forum. I hope you get something positive out of your stay here, too.

CM_X5 and hidrozoo like this.
  3. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar come├ža...
    Welcome. May your time here proves use and cheerful. We tend to bark a bit, but we don't bite... often...

hidrozoo likes this.
  4. hidrozoo

hidrozoo It's just a phase

Thanks!

Nah, not really but I wish I could. I was never a proficient drummer anyway.

It's all about weird chords and keeping up with a metronome at the moment. When I was starting I couldn't care less about theory or exercises, now my approach is way more brainy and, lets be honest, rewarding.