How to get passive routes for a dc700 order?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by teamSKDM, Jan 11, 2013.

1. teamSKDM

teamSKDM SS.org Regular

I've seen several dc700s with passive pickup routes, but the website only offers the active routes?

I'm concisering ordering an ebmm BFR (jpxi) inspired custom dc700. (alder body, mahogany neck thru , maple top, white finish gold hardware ,Floyd rose and locking nut and toss in a crunchlab liquifire set.

So how do I get passive pickup routs for this?

2. kevdes93

kevdes93 Sassy

maybe theyll do it as an option 50 for you? give em a call and see if its a possibility

3. teamSKDM

teamSKDM SS.org Regular

Alright! Do you think they offer slimmer neck options?

And would they charge extra for the passive routes, or even a thinner neck option if they offer it?

I'm gonna be phoneless for the next few days so I can't exactly call them

4. SymmetricScars

SymmetricScars SS.org Regular

5. MetalDaze

MetalDaze Repless in Seattle

That seems to clear up the route question.

I have heard of people getting thinner neck profiles by request. You won't be able to do it from the web form, you'll need to call. There is an upcharge for it and it negates the 10 day risk free trial.

6. LetsMosey

LetsMosey friendly ginger

Best thing to do is call them and specify. I've heard of them doing this as an Option 50 on some other models.

7. teamSKDM

teamSKDM SS.org Regular

Alright, sweet. I'll call em in a few days when I have a phone again. I sure hope they offer thinner necks. Can I change the electronics placement by request as well?

I was thinking about maybe getting the dc727 but no tone knob, and putting the selector switch where the volume is, or even moving it closer between the pickups like the petrucci.

8. LetsMosey

LetsMosey friendly ginger

I'm not sure if you can change the actual placement, but I *think* you can specify how you want it wired up. If not, that's something you can do yourself down the road. I know you can specify things like no tone knob and what kind of selector switch you want. I ordered a couple of guitars from them with no tone knob and it wasn't a biggie... but it's an "option 50" request that voids your 10-day trial. You still get the warranty, but you don't have the option of returning it if you "just dont like it". So be aware of that.

I don't think they will do a thinner neck on a 7-string, but I know they offer it on their Jason Becker JB model. But I do know that players like Neil Zaza asked for a thinner neck on his CT and got it... but he had to be very specific in telling them what kind of measurements he wanted. So, be sure to tell them exactly how thin you want it at the nut vs. the 12th fret, what kind of carve you want, etc. This is also an "option 50" request as well. (Except for on the Jason Becker sig since the thinner neck is default/standard.)