How long does one have to wait on craigslist for offers?Thinking of trading into GC..

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by brootalboo, Jul 26, 2011.

1. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

:agreed:

The other guitarist in my band took an acoustic guitar he bought for 400 there sell they offered him $70 we both laughed at them....took it back a week later they gave him $140 which is still low, but they doubled the price so :cool:

2. tuneinrecords

tuneinrecords SS.org Regular

You could always ask around in your neighborhood or facebook.

My latest thoughts on ebay...

I've been on ebay for a long time and it's changed in the fact that paypal is now a part of the same company. They have a monopoly on how you pay for stuff on that site. I remember when there were more options for payment and less fees to deal with.

I don't know if anyone else is dealing with the same bullshit I've now had to deal with paypal, but I know it's not just me that's been having trouble. I've talked to them on the phone where they tell me one thing and then online it's a whole other story. They've begun putting holds on payment for up to 21 days or until people leave positive feedback. I sold 2 guitars on ebay 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the people to leave feedback so I still can't touch the money in my paypal account. I called up to complain and they told me both times that my account shouldn't have a hold on it and that it was a mistake on their part. They said it would take 24-48 hours to remedy and it's been a week and half and my money is still stuck in paypal limbo. I don't have an hour each evening to call and complain to these idiots. It was amazing how many times it took the guy on the line to correctly enter my fedex shipping number details. He asked for the next shipping number once he finally got it after 4 tries and I started to laugh and said not to worry about it. Plus they take their fees and ebay takes more fees and shipping and yadayayayaya faaaa! I know it's to help ensure safe buying and all, but I've been on ebay since 2003, have a perfect rating and now I have to deal with this hold my money mickey mouse bullshit.

So in summation I think Ebay sucks and they sure lost a lot of my business as I've already sold some things here on ss.org and craigslist. There's also a local flea market I plan on bringing more items of mine to, rather than dealing with ebaypal nonsense. :wallbash:

Bow down to your new overlords
    :bowdown:EBAYPAL . Please .. I's gots these cheeseburgers maaan!
    :scream: ooow oowww!! (sam kinison voice)

3. brootalboo

brootalboo My boo

Thanks for the help everybody! So this is what they offered me:

Peavey 6505- $240
    Les Paul Custom w/ EMG'S- $200

And I didn't even bring in the rest of my stuff. I'm going to take my chances on craigslist for another month or two >_<

4. Elysian

Elysian Banned

Guitar Center offered me $180 for my Washburn EC-29, which they would have sold for $500 or more. I sold it myself on Ebay for $650.

5. MobiusR

MobiusR Thall, that is all

yep i got the same shit when i offered my KE3.

They wanted $250 and my dad walked away laughing XD

But i was pissed for what they offered...I bought it around 700 and was looking for at least 400 or so.

But i sold it 4 weeks later to my friend for $550 and bought me a HD500 <3

Guitar Center is only good for strings and accessories....

6. Sonofthe7thSign

Sonofthe7thSign 8thWonderOfTheWorld

I HATE Ebay!!! Ive been battleing them for the past 4 months. My account that has a been at 100% positive feedback (over 100 sales) for 6 years has been blocked and taxed for 600 dollars. my last buying selling phase of equipment 4 months ago I forgont to pay my $6.70 sellers fees and since changeing banks I havent up dated my account. Well since those fees went past due they slapped an aditional 570 bucks on top of my sellers fees and suspended my account untill I pay them. Ive been on the phone getting the run around from their rep's for the past 4 months!!! F*** EBAY!!! They say the fees are from unpaid fees from open cases from 2 years ago. When they started the buyers guarentee program. I sold a guitar at christmas time that didnt make it to the guys house before christmas (even though he didnt ask for fast shipping) so ebay refunded him out of my paypal account. I reopened the case after reselling the guitar at a loss so I could recover some of their rediculous double fees. Well I never heard anything from them and let it ride an forgot about it... NOW they are saying I never paid them from 2 years ago and the details of the case are conveniently missing since they dont keep records past 18 months. But ive been selling all this time since then till now... RIIIIIIIIGHT.

7. Sephael

Sephael Divine Paradøx Contributor

no records = no proof you owe them

8. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Rule 1: never leave money on the paypal account once you got it there.

9. Ancestor

Ancestor Contributor

there's a price point and you haven't hit it yet for the people who frequent cl.

you should advertise everywhere and it depends on how badly (quickly) you want to sell.

believe me i've had to do this many times. keep dropping the price and when you hit the price point, the gear will sell.

10. Sonofthe7thSign

Sonofthe7thSign 8thWonderOfTheWorld

this is the thing I didnt that money was gone it sent my account negitive and I had to get the guitar back and resell it at at loss then got re-charged for sellers fees listing fees final value. not to mention Paypal.

:scream:Ebay can eat a D***.

11. athawulf

athawulf SS.org Regular

Set ebay price high, but add best offer option. State clearly in auction EMAIL ME FOR A DEAL.

Buyer emails you, you tell them to pay outside ebay and you will discount item. Buyer wins, you win, ebay still will get paypals 3%. But none of that 11% on the first $50, 6% on the next $950, and 2% the remaining balance for final value fee for musical equipment. Oh yeah and final value applies to shipping fees too, they've really been screwing sellers recently.

It's sickening that I actually know that by heart

12. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Ebay prices vary upon country, it's much cheaper in France for exemple, they must follow the auction legislation.

13. gilsontsang

gilsontsang Banned

If your price is good enough, I bet you will get an offer within the hour, however if your price is average and your craigslist has a small population then it could take a while.