How long before the 1527 is discontinued?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Shikaru, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Shikaru

Shikaru Mechanical Thunder Contributor

I've been looking around at seven strings today. Being that the only ibanez seven strings on sale in the uk, and that i could possibly afford, are the 7321 and the 1527. I've been thinking, how long before they get discontinued? I would really like to own an Ibanez seven string at some point, and finding them second hand seems rather challenging. I don't know how well they're selling, but the other ibanez sevens seem to all get discontinued eventually.

Also what are the differences between the 1527 and the 7620? and which would you say is better?

2. jski7

jski7 SS.org Regular

There's no telling with Ibanez ! I think they'll be around for awhile , as Ibanez is the most identifiable 7-string brand currently . 7620 or 1527 ? They're pretty much in the same class . You could say the 1527 is the updated and re-named version of the 7620 . Most everyone here who has had an Ibanez 7 has had a 7620 at one point . Great guitars . I've had mine since '99 . Now it's a custom project ! ;)

3. Vince

Vince Contributor

If you look on Ebay, you'll find used seven string guitars all the time. Pages and pages of them. Keep checking it every few weeks, you never know when a gem of a guitar will pop up.

4. jski7

jski7 SS.org Regular