How does my guitar EQ sound?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by JackoThe1st, Jul 14, 2011.

1. JackoThe1st

JackoThe1st SS.org Regular

Hi, first time poster here!

I'm doing a home recording of one of my bands songs, and this is the first time I've ever tried to properly record and mix a metal track.

Unbreakable by JackoThe1st on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

The song isn't at all finished by the way.

I guess I'm going for a kind of Gojira/Mastodon sound with the drums and guitars. But I'm wondering how my guitars should sound in terms of EQ, I'm not very good at comparing them to other tracks.

I haven't EQ'd the guitars yet, this is just how the preset sounds. I realise there's too much distortion, but does my guitar tone sound normal? Or does it sound really wrong? I really have no idea. Please give some feedback!!

Thanks.

2. Goatfork

Goatfork SS.org Regular

It sounds really thick and awesome dude. I suggest having a tad more presence though, maybe a super tiny bit more treble.

3. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

A little more upper mids/treble on the guitar for presence sake. Feels a touch back seat. I like where the lows are sitting as it stays very distinct from the bass, as in I can hear both clearly (which is a good thing).

4. JackoThe1st

JackoThe1st SS.org Regular

Cool thx guys, I definitely agree with your suggestions now that you've mentioned them.

5. danieluber1337

danieluber1337 ☻☺☻☼☺☻☺

Turn the guitars down