Hot Mod V2 & Ceriatone Klienulator

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Mourguitars, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Mourguitars

Mourguitars SS.org Regular

Got a few new external / internal add on mods for my Ceriatone JCM800...was going to instal a zero loss loop in but decided against it so i bought the Klienulator buffered loop pedal

Works fantastic , i can run my rack effects with zero tone suck or loss and taylor the sound. Very happy with this, tried with all my rack units and it adds a little sparkle to the tone....Havent had time to try it with the FM3 yet via the 4C method but I'm sure it will be fine.....

Hot Mod V2....gain changer ! Just what this amp needed, a extra gain stage...its a pissed off 800 now, more sustain and very quite. Great clarity....

Im not running my noise gate even if i boost with my SD-1 with gain on zero....tightens the amp up very nicely ...6 on the pre amp with the switch in the down position.

Switch up adds more gain and Bass and more compression, you can dial the bass out on the amp around 10 o'clock but i like it in the down position for that more raw 800 tone...im happy there

Good buy's and money well spent.....check out Lassie Lammert vid on the HM V2 with a 800...thats what sold me....

Im going to take the pig tail ground wire/clamp off...didnt need it , its grounded good with the thumb screw

Mike 20201008_141240.jpg

20201013_153106.jpg

2. Bentaycanada

Bentaycanada SS.org Regular

Sweet, I've been thinking of picking up an SC20H and adding the Hot Mod V2!

Mourguitars likes this.
  3. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Maybe I should hot mod my already modded Plexi... Looks good man!

Mourguitars likes this.
  4. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Lasse did a comparison of the old (now hard to find) Soldano Hot Mod vs the V2, and honestly the V2 sounded better.

Mourguitars and Bentaycanada like this.
  5. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

The V2 makes way more sense too. I’d rather use 2 readily available 12ax7’s than some obscure 6K11 triple triode any day.

Mourguitars and Bentaycanada like this.
  6. Mourguitars

Mourguitars SS.org Regular

Man it sounds pretty awesome, i have a lot of amps and pre amps that have clipping diodes , i wanted a stock 800 style with this extra tube gain....its pretty sweet !

I have the PPIMV on the 800 so i can get the tubes cooking at a nice volume...the longer i played the better it sounded it seemed...

I missed out on that Lynch Mod with the adjustable gain and deep switch but to my ears the V2 sounded the best...

The Vids online don't do it justice...gotta hear it in person !

Very well built i will say....Nice product Dave it rocks !

Got to revisit and relearn some old Thrash now and hook the SPX90 in the loop and see if i can cope that early Zak tone !

Mike

7. sonoftheoldnorth

sonoftheoldnorth SS.org Regular

David just told me these things fit my JCM900 MK3 2500. Awesome. Next purchase

Mourguitars likes this.