Horrible experience, Vik guitar is scammer, stole my money and sold my guitar

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by vikscammer, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

Plot twist, vikscammer is Vik because every time a thread gets bumped over a scammy luthier, there's a handful of people who put in deposits just to be edgy.

Viginez, Strobe, AxeHappy and 6 others like this.
  2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

[​IMG]

3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

:lol: While I don't wish this on anyone, I do have to admit I felt a little joy in learning this happens to other people. Even I am wise enough to not order from Vik though! (And bonus points to OP for posting this during Pride.)

4. lurè

lurè Can't buy skill so I buy gear

This actually worked for me with the Kiesel never again thread.:lol:

5. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular

Vik's address is in Santa Rosa, CA??

6. metalstrike

metalstrike Thrash!

Off topic I know but what monitor did you end up getting?

7. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I'm probably grabbing the curved Acer ET series. Samsung makes a good 32" it seems like .

8. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

1. Yeah, you should have known better

2. Bizarrely, it seems like you *did* know better. You say you didn't trust him, so you only gave him a $3500 deposit instead of the full $5500... what?

3. Honestly, you do seem very annoying from your disjointed writing here, multiple postings, and the few messages to him which we can see.

4. You also showed his messages, but rarely yours. I suspect you were incredibly annoying as a customer, and it would be perfectly fine for him to ban you as a customer, refund you etc (assuming he actually does refund you)

5. Did you actually get refunded? If your only gripe is that a guy decided to sell the guitar to someone else and refunded you, that isn't really a scam.

Strobe likes this.
  9. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Man defends vik. I call bingo

Blasphemer, Hollowway and AxeHappy like this.
  10. Flappydoodle

Not at all. But OP is giving us half of a story. And he left out important details like whether he got his money back or not

crankyrayhanky, narad and budda like this.
  11. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

It is indeed important.

12. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Considering the amount of people who have been left without a guitar nor their money, I'm pretty sure this is a real account.

Hollowway and AxeHappy like this.
  13. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Did you not catch the ~"You're so annoying, I'm refunding you and keeping 10% for being so annoying" bit? That's classic Vik. Make the store policy up as you go.

But it still counts as a horrible experience to have someone take your money, use up your time, arbitrarily sell the guitar to another guy (who likely offered more), and refund you. I'm not in the interest-free loan business. I've had it happen to me once. I was refunded an extra $1k for the botch up, which I still wasn't particularly happy about.

I mean, a tiny bit of sympathy on my part if as an artist you feel that the customer is not going to fully appreciate your art. But if that's the case, vet before the sale. Don't sell to randoms on Reverb.com. As soon as you step into that position, you're a store first and an artist way, way, way second.

14. vikscammer

vikscammer New Member

I NEVER GOT MY REFUND, EVEN IF I GET MY REFUND, I AM NOT FUXKING BANK FOR LOAN BUSINESS, PAY THE MONEY AND GET THE MONEY BACK WITHOUT ANY INTERESTS AFTER 10 MONTHS? I AM PRETTY SURE YOU ARE VIK OR HIS FAMILY, YOU ARE SO FUNNY TO REPLY LIKE THIS.

15. USMarine75

USMarine75 Plays Authentic ® Contributor

^ he went all caps and red.

I tried to read it, but this is all I see...

[​IMG]

chipchappy, brector, Ralyks and 6 others like this.
  16. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Yeah he definitely isnt :lol:

17. narad

narad SS.org Regular

And bold.

[​IMG]

18. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Some of the not so nice messages I sent Vik after I finally got my guitar didn’t even get that kind of response from him. You must have really got to him to get him that annoyed.

It looks like like he eventually snapped and is now holding a grudge towards you. There’s no point telling you now that his business practices are common knowledge on the net with many detailed threads here but you need to seriously cool down a bit. From the screenshots you posted it looks like you were constantly looking for updates and setting deadlines. Knowing Vik that does not go down well. Like a lot of builders you give them money and sit back hoping they will build your guitar in a timely manner with an occasional nudge from you on progress.

You could try send a polite formal email about a refund and how you are being forced into looking for a chargeback, which you should be doing. Just ring your bank and discuss it, consumer law is pretty concrete in most countries and from there look into the legal route if you really want to, but you may come out with less money.

19. Flappydoodle

Haha, well I did see that. Not sure the legality of that. (Though I think from the wall of red caps lock text and OP's general postings, Vik probably isn't wrong about him being an annoying customer, haha)

Totally agree that it's a bad experience. And as I said earlier, anybody doing basic research before handing over $5,500 should have known better. The fact he didn't 100% trust him, so only handed over $3,500 is odd though, lol

I agree with your point about being an artist. But aside from that, if you took a deposit (for custom guitar, commissioned art, a website, whatever) and then the customer is constantly up your arse, emailing and messaging you, changing things, making accusations etc, it's reasonable to "drop" them as a customer IMO. Again, we only have OP's side of that story. IMO, combined with Vik's history, it's like a match made in hell.

You're not doing a good job demonstrating your calmness and rationality here

I do hope you get your refund though. But as you now know, this is a risk with any sort of commissioned purchase, whether it's a custom guitar, a website etc. It's why you should deal with people in your legal jurisdiction. It's why you should have signed contracts. And even then, you have to accept that risk. RAN guitars went down recently, and they were one of the most reputable around. Vik is a known scumbag. Even if you just google "Vik guitars", all the front page is negative feedback. You surely saw that and chose to still go ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.