HNGD!!!! I'm "suhr" this one is staying!!!

mystix

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ordered from GuitarFlow... and had them order me a set of Aldrich pickups... I got to play her for a few minutes. I'll say right off the bat, it's not what I expected. The only other Suhr I have played was a Modern Satin that I owned for 2 days. I thought this guitar would be as lite as that guitar... not the case. Just as heavy as my old Fender Strat.
The great thing about this guitar is that even though she is brand new, she feels like a guitar I've owned for years. I don't know what it is, but it feels familiar and I feel very much at home with her. If that makes sense.
As for the sound, the Aldrich pickups are super hot!!!! But they are clear and articulate. Very cool. I sold my Ibanez Jem 7VWH and Gibson LP Standard to get this... no regrets... she's great111
BTW, when I took her out of the case, she was in tune... dang...

Pinterest pic...

This baby is hard to photograph...

Specs:

Suhr Pro M4
Body Wood: Alder
Neck Wood: Maple w/Pau Ferro
Neck Back Shape: Modern Elliptical
Nut: Tusq
Frets: Jumbo Stainless Steel
Bridge: Gotoh 510
Neck Pickup: Aldrich
Bridge Pickup: Aldrich
Finish: Custom Paint – Purple Web
Case: Custom Suhr Bag
Strings: .010-.046

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
Crazy paint scheme. Care to give some insight regarding the short ownership period of the modern satin?

HNP(urple)GD!

newfinator

The LORD OF BYRON
Reaction score
Congrats! I recently got a Modern and I know what you mean about it feeling instantly familiar and comfortable. Fantastic guitars!

mystix

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Crazy paint scheme. Care to give some insight regarding the short ownership period of the modern satin?

HNP(urple)GD!

sure... in essence, it played and sounded great, but looked a bit boring. I like guitars with wild finishes... and while the Modern Satin was a great guitar for sure... just didn't appeal to my aesthetic senses the way this one does!!!

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Whoa - beautiful purple finish! Congrats and enjoy that one!!

Latest posts