Hi guys, I'm Mark.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MarkyPerfection, May 22, 2009.

1. MarkyPerfection

MarkyPerfection Violence Advocate

For whatever reason I've browsed as a guest over here at SS.org and never bothered to register until today. I'm glad I finally have because it looks as though there is a HUGE wealth of information and a generally good sense of community and camaraderie here. Let me introduce myself.

I'm Mark. I'm 28 years old, and I'm from Long Island, New York. I drive a Toyota Previa mini-van and live with my parents when I'm not on tour.

I play lead guitar in band called Full Blown Chaos. Maybe you've heard of us, maybe you haven't. We are not the most technical band in the world, but we're heavy, fun, and completely devoted to being unfashionable/culturally obsolete (those of you who know us know that we've more or less had our day in the sun) which simply means that we keep doing what we love and continue being who we are despite the fact that our music is about as far removed from current heavy music trends as music could be.

I'm a longtime player of Ibanez guitars and have owned two seven strings in my day: a UV7BK and an RG7620. Both great in their own right, both no longer part of my meager and inexpensive collection. A time came when I needed some quick money to keep the roof up and those two were the ones I played the least. Sad, but real.

I have a bizarre obsession with shreddy guitars from the late 80's through the early 90's and am constantly hunting on the Bay for nicer Ibby's, Yamaha Pacificas, Robin Medleys, Hamer Diablos/Californians, Washburn MG's, so on and so forth. I've also recently fallen in love with Suhr and plan to grab a Modern and an OD100SE+ as soon as it's financially feasible.

I endorse Bare Knuckle Pickups and LaBella strings because I love them and they put up with me. It's a perfect situation.

I suppose that everything that I could say that would be relevant here. Thanks for letting me be a part of your little community here. I look forward to talking shop and shooting the proverbial shit with all of you.

nojyeloot, EliNoPants, Shawn and 5 others like this.
  2. txguitarslinger

txguitarslinger SS.org Regular

Welcome aboard from another Mark!

3. vontetzianos

vontetzianos SS.org Regular

welcome to the forum

4. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

5. TimothyLeary

TimothyLeary Tune in, Drop out

welcome Mark!!

6. Apophis

Apophis Banned

7. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

:wavey: Welcome to the forum! :metal:

8. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Your sense of cynicism mixed with brutal honesty is right up my alley, dude. :yesway:

Welcome to the best forum EVER. :metal:

9. MarkyPerfection

MarkyPerfection Violence Advocate

Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys. I had no idea that so much posting goes on over here! I doubt I'll be able to keep up. I'm more of a silent lurker anyway, and don't generally post all that much but I can tell I'll be having fun checking the action every couple minutes.

Thanks for noticing! :cool:

10. hufschmid

hufschmid Banned