help!

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by moojimoo3, Mar 3, 2005.

1. moojimoo3

moojimoo3 moo7

HELP is a RG1527 any good and what pick ups shood i replace them with? i heard the Emg707's will cost extra cash as they dont fit into Dimarzios please help and i wood like the bad/good points on this guitar

thank you
    Arooj

2. Vince

Vince Contributor

RG1527 is basically the evolution of the RG7620. It's a great guitar. Try it first with the stock pickups, they're pretty good. If you must change them, use your own taste. If you like the sound of actives, EMG makes some good active pickups. If you like passives, try DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan. Check out the guitarist bios of bands you listen to and see what they play. That should give you a good head start.

3. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

:agreed:

4. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

+1 :cool:

5. moojimoo3

moojimoo3 moo7

well i like Unearth and stuff them hav their emg 707's on the bridge pick up and and they hav opens on there neck basically i like metal ,so emgs aregood for tht sort?

6. Dylan7620

Dylan7620 that guy

yes.... emgs + metal = :metal: :scream2: :metal:

7. moojimoo3

moojimoo3 moo7

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EMG IT IS!

8. Nick1

Nick1 SS.org Regular

EMG 707s (or the 81-7s) wont fit in a guitar like a 1527. you will need to do some routing.

9. moojimoo3

moojimoo3 moo7

ummm how much is that going to cost ruthly ,i heard they didnt fit dimarzios

10. darren

darren Decibel Guitars Forum MVP

Isn't this where we started?

The EMG 707 and 81-7 are available at http://www.GuitarPartsDepot.com for US$101 each.

And to repeat what Nick1 told you in the previous post, yes, EMGs will require routing, as they do not fit in standard 7-string humbucker cavities. If you can't do the work yourself, you'll have to contact a local repair shop to see what they'd charge you for the routing and wiring.

11. LordOVchaoS

LordOVchaoS NUDE MAN! Forum MVP

I just did it myself yesterday with a rotary file and a drill. But yea, if you don't feel comfortable doing it take it to a shop! You can do irreversible damage. But it's all worth it in the end!

12. moojimoo3

moojimoo3 moo7

thanks for the site but im not from America im for the United (shitty) Kingdom ,but ill see if i can contact the site manager and send them to me

13. Vegetta

Vegetta Change Everything

Plus remember you will have to route a battery compartment....
    :agreed:

I have a 1527 it replaced my 7620 . They are really wonderfull playing guitars...I still have the stock pups in mine..I will replace them at some point for something with a bit brighter. The stock pups are a tad bassy sounding for my tastes but some carefull EQ can compensate for this. The price on the 1527 cant be beat I got one at the end of last year for a student for $476 (Without case)

14. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

If thats the sound you are going for..
    Much more important than any of that is that they use Framus Cobra amps and VHT heavy bottom cabs. You could play a telecaster w/ stock pickups with that rig and get closer to their sound than you would with just a similar guitar and any other rig.

15. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

ARRRRGGHHHH!! :scream: :scream2: :scream: :scream2:

No you dont! Howmany times have I said this here!?!?! :p
    The battery fits PERFECTLY in the electronics cavity. In my experience its rather rare to see somebody anal enough to route out their guitars just for a battery. The exceptions being some odd ball guitars where the electonics cavity is too small for a 9V (definitely not an ibanez though) OR for people who run their actives @ 18v and need room for the extra battery.

Can I have a sticky thread where I rant for 3 pages about not needing to route a cavity for a battery for active p'ups???

On another note, Im going to try to take a tour of EMG HQ soon (its near where I live) and if I get the chance Im going to complain to them about their idiotic bass sized 7 string hum cases. Lazy bastards..