Help on ESP Custom 7 string guitar

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by metal4life71, Mar 12, 2020.

1. metal4life71

metal4life71 SS.org Regular

Yeah at this point if I was gonna spend a fortune on a custom ESP build, I would get something amazing like a Kaiju or samurai or death god custom carved shapes and inlays on it. Especially since they won't build me a replica of the Hanneman guitar.

So I did hear back from Mayones, and fortunately Mayones is way less than ESP custom shop. They cannot do custom compound radius or forearm rests which stinks but they can do a Floyd Rose at least. Price is less than ESP custom.

Quote is 5-6k for a Regius 7 Pro custom. I will try out some Mayones first before I move on it.

Has anyone ordered from the Framus Master Custom shop and if so, what was your experience like?

2. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

My store is a dealer for both Framus, Mayones, and ESP. Theyre all great. The Framus stuff is even more expensive than ESP and Mayones, but phenomenal. For me, when you facotr in overall quality, price, and build times, I still think ESP is the best option. It goes far beyond specs on a piece of paper. I personally own a handful of ESP custom shop guitars and theyre the best of the best. Framus is up there too, but typically even more expensive. We do have a Framus Masterbuilt Panthera 7 in stock with a 16" fingerboard radius, Bare Knuckle pickups, and purple LED side dots/logo.

Attached Files:

metal4life71 and Zanmato86 like this.
  3. Ben Pinkus

Ben Pinkus SS.org Regular

I'm just going to list a few other builders in case you want to look at other options (in no particular order):

Mayones
    Aristides
    Skervesen
    Vandermeij
    Suhr
    Padalka
    Kiesel
    Carrillion

metal4life71 likes this.
  4. metal4life71

Looks like my 7 string guitar will be delayed for at least a year after finding out that I have to pay a $hitload in taxes this year. Boo! Oh hades, I will focus on my 6 string playing a while longer. Hopefully I won't owe as much next tax season and perhaps the stock market will go back up in the future after the major crash.

5. metal4life71

Darn it Nick if I did not get the recent bad news on my taxes, I could totally move on the killer Framus custom or the bullet silver custom ESP 7 string you have in stock! Guess will need to save up longer and fix my tax situation first. I maxxed out my 401k to cut down on taxes for the future and should eventually go back up.

zimbloth likes this.