Help needed! Wiring schematic for Fishman KSE set

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Stuck_in_a_dream, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Stuck_in_a_dream

Stuck_in_a_dream SS.org Regular

Hi everyone...I got a Fluence KSE set like 2 weeks ago, and given my not-so-great wiring skills, I'm still trying to find the proper schematic to wire it in my Ibby RG with:
    - Separate volume per pickup, no tone control, 3-way blade switch.
    - Each volume controls voices 1,2 independently for designated pickup, via push/pull.
    - Voice 3 for both pickups is controlled by a mini toggle (DPDT switch).

Available resources from Fishman:
    1. KSE install guide: https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/514-300-153_r0-KSE-Install-Guide-Fluence_WEB.pdf

2. Additional HSH schematic: https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Killswitch-Engage-HSH-w-SSA-1xV-1xT.pdf

My best "guess" so far, based on the KSE install guide is this:
    [​IMG]

So:
    1. Is the schematic correct? Specially the way volume pots are connected to the 3-way switch?, and

2. Since I have no tone controls, do I need to install the caps on the volumes, or do I need different value caps? Or none at all?

Thanks.

2. oversteve

oversteve SS.org Regular

it will be like this except for the wires going to push pull switches since I was too lazy to redraw them :D
    you can wire those green, orange, yellow, blue wires like on your scheme the only thing I would recomend is to connect the yellow wire to a separate pin on the right of blue one
    [​IMG]

3. Stuck_in_a_dream

Stuck_in_a_dream SS.org Regular

Thanks man, that was awesome! I took your suggestions and redrew the schematic. Hopefully I finally got it right :)

[​IMG]