Help me with a decision and custom specs

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
Ok so I'm going to get a custom but the thing is I have two ideas bouncing around. One is to do an 80's super shredder type guitar or an understated utilitarian sort of guitar.
Specs for the shredder

20" radius
27 jumbo frets
curly maple fretboard
5 piece maple/mahogany neck
Ofr
Swamp Ash body
Wizard neck profile
AANJ

None More Black guitar

17" radius
24 jumbo frets
ebony fretboard
5 piece mahogany/ebony neck
hipshot bridge black
Swamp ash wings
Wizard profile
neckthrough
ebony veneer on body and headstock

I'm currently leaning toward the eboner. What do you guys think?

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
Alright update I've decided to go with an rr shaped body with a mahogany and walnut neck and walnut wings.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
The Black one sounds like it would be a cool guitar. Get it built by Blackmachine and put Blackouts in it. Then do a Ritchie Blackmore style scallop on the fretboard. And only play Black Metal... I'll stop with the horrible, unfunny jokes now. :squint:

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
The Black one sounds like it would be a cool guitar. Get it built by Blackmachine and put Blackouts in it. Then do a Ritchie Blackmore style scallop on the fretboard. And only play Black Metal... I'll stop with the horrible, unfunny jokes now. :squint:

:lol:

That would actually be hilarious to explain to people.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score

He could also play covers of Frank Black, Jack Black, Black Sabbath, the Blackhearts, Black Flag, Black Lips, Black Mountain, Black Keys, Black Angels, Black Time, Ludella Black, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Black Crowes, Black Box, the Blackbyrds, Black Foot, Black Sheep, Blackhawk, Blackjack, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Girl, BLACKstreet, Black Lab, Blackwell, Black Star, Bill Black's Combo, Black Label Society, Blackalicious, Black Eyed Peas, Black Maria, Black Dhalia Murder, Black Moth Super Rainbow, the Black and White years, Black Diamond Heavies, Black Earth, Black Joe Lewis, Blacklist, Blackout, Black-Eyed Snakes, the Black Pine..

Seriously, we could do this for a few pages at least. ;)

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
Is there a bkp anyone would recommend with this wood combo of walnut wings and a mahogany neck? I play in standard and like a thick tone with a lot of midrange and clarity. I'm pretty sure a coldsweat would be good in the neck but maybe not.

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
The Painkiller is amazing for clarity and is the tightest sounding pickup you will ever hear. It sounds great in mahogany so...

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
He could also play covers of Frank Black, Jack Black, Black Sabbath, the Blackhearts, Black Flag, Black Lips, Black Mountain, Black Keys, Black Angels, Black Time, Ludella Black, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Black Crowes, Black Box, the Blackbyrds, Black Foot, Black Sheep, Blackhawk, Blackjack, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Girl, BLACKstreet, Black Lab, Blackwell, Black Star, Bill Black's Combo, Black Label Society, Blackalicious, Black Eyed Peas, Black Maria, Black Dhalia Murder, Black Moth Super Rainbow, the Black and White years, Black Diamond Heavies, Black Earth, Black Joe Lewis, Blacklist, Blackout, Black-Eyed Snakes, the Black Pine..

Seriously, we could do this for a few pages at least. ;)

:lol::lol::lol: well I'm glad I wasn't the only person who thought that was funny.

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
The Painkiller is amazing for clarity and is the tightest sounding pickup you will ever hear. It sounds great in mahogany so...

Ok from what I understand the woods are pretty dark which should complement the painkillers high mid aggression very well.

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
Alright this is quite possibly the worst thing to ever happen I have the funds but I need a design. I don't want to copy any companies design but I can't draw worth a shit. So if one of you have a shape that you wouldn't mind being used please post them. I really like superstrat shapes but anything goes really.

Disregard this I'm getting weird vibes from the luthier.

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
Alright this is quite possibly the worst thing to ever happen I have the funds but I need a design. I don't want to copy any companies design but I can't draw worth a shit. So if one of you have a shape that you wouldn't mind being used please post them. I really like superstrat shapes but anything goes really.

Disregard this I'm getting weird vibes from the luthier.

May I ask who is the luthier? Just in case.