Help me find robes! (What are your stage clothes)

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Hello internet man.

King Buzzo wears black robe -> Sunn wears black robe -> no one in local scene knows these bands -> II want a robe.

So where can I buy a black robe? Preferably in Australia but I will ship if I have to.

And what whacky things do you wear on stage to stand out, or does your band wear a uniform?

col

blah.
Reaction score
Ebay. Or your closest party costume shop.

We wear led's and chrismas lights. And anything that looks wacky scifi. :D

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Masks are always the best.

We tend to do a Halloween show and I had a Terminator mask on, one of those latex ones. It actually got crazy loud and reverby inside it so be careful, :lol: had to take it off after two songs.

We're a rock (cover) band though, so jeans and t-shirts or button up shirts. Bassist has a tie and a hat, other guitarist goes more hipstery, I don't do the tie, drummer does a t-shirt or his much-favored Drew Brees jersey :lol:

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
The best costume for all your wizard rap needs.

wiz.jpg

It's from workaholics for all you who don't watch the show.

Nykur_Myrkvi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My band usually wears fancy clothes (shirt, vest, tie, dresses/skirts) and on the 4th of July last year I started the show by tying a tie that looks like the American flag around my mic-stand.

I've wanted to play a Halloween gig dressed up as Buckethead for the longest time though.

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
Since my music is post-apocalyptic themed, I've always wanted to play my live shows in tattered robes and a gas mask. I just know how sweaty and stifling it will be inside that mask (and I speak from experience, since I'm active duty military).

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
retarded hats ftw!
2qib7lk.png
2u7r2b6.jpg

Only at small gigs with friends playing covers and things alike though, never actually have done this with my band :lol:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
when I was a in a black metal band I used to wear corpse paint and a huge rope noose around my neck. Sooooo itchy.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
One of the bands I'm in is themed around being pest control workers- so show outfits on a budget for us is a "work shirt" with the band sticker stuck to it haha :lol:

lrg_7218_19232015674f96123a05657.jpg

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I've played a couple of shows dressed all snazzy (slacks, button-up, suspenders, hair slicked back, turbo swag activated, etc.) but those weren't really serious shows at all :lol:

For regular shows (and attending most shows) I almost always wear black or dark blue skinny jeans, a band shirt or plain v-neck and shoes that match. I'm not a very exciting person, but if it ain't broke...:D

sniperfreak223

B.C. Rich loyalist
Reaction score
usually my stage attire just consists of combat boots, camo shorts and some kind of band T-shirt...but there are some changes. I did a few shows in full German fleck, complete with an older model steel helmet, one show I did in full Swiss Alpenflage, and at the last battle of the bands I wore a kilt...cuz my girlfriend said it would be sexy.

ZeroTolerance94

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would wear the same thing to every show. Jeans and a Jackson or Seymour Duncan T-shirt.

For some reason, I don't wear band shirts... haven't at least since the 8th grade.