Help: KeFir Annoying Fuzz

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Bodes, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Bodes

Bodes SS.org Regular

I am just wanting some help trying to reduce some of the annoying fuzz I am getting in my guitar tone. :scream:

New to recording, tried to isolate frequencies and reduce the annoying ones but can't seem to get rid off the fuzz. As seen on REaEQ band #4 and 5. They helped the tone, not the fuzz.

I have used both Kefir and IgniteAmps Impulse Loaders and get a very similar noise. I have also tried a few different amp simulators, free marshall from redwirez included and get a similar noise.

Signal: Searls 7 string w/ Painkillers > Focusrite 2i4 > Reaper > what you see below

Track: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwd2qsdd3qklkxl/Kefir%20Fuzz.wav

Run down of track - Single guitar track copied and pasted into separate tracks with the following VSTs loaded:
    0-11 seconds: Full FX
    12- 23 seconds: Full FX MINUS KeFir
    24 - 35 seconds: Raw track
    36-49 seconds: Kefir + XXL impulse Only

Pic of all my settings.
    [​IMG]

Any help from you will be greatly appreciated. Any comments on tone will be also greatly accepted and be rewarded with an internet cookie! :lol:

2. Lokasenna

Lokasenna SS.org Regular

I'm not hearing anything out of the ordinary for a cab impulse. Try listening to it in a full mix... pretty sure you won't notice a thing.

3. col

col blah.

Not hearing any fuzz/fizz but the last bit on your clip is clipping slightly. Try lowering the gain from kefir and up your track level to make sure it's not the plugin clipping.

4. Bodes

Bodes SS.org Regular

Thanks guys. Seems it might be my computer making the noise. That's ok... I think.

Yeah I noticed the clipping in the last section, but considering it only is the impulse, and it doesn't occur on any settings I use for recording, would that matter.

5. col

col blah.

It could be that it doesn't matter. I kind of remember when I was still using impulses for recording that kefir for some reason sets the gain way too high by default.

6. hntinropee

hntinropee New Member

good info, Try lowering the gain from kefir and up your track level to make sure it's not the plugin clipping.thanks[​IMG]