Help getting into modeling

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by ZERO1, Dec 12, 2020.

1. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

I have the Headrush Gigboard, and I love it! I'm a big Boss fan too and had a few GT series in the previous years. So, I bought the GT-1000CORE when it first came out to replace my Gigboard. However, the Headrush was just better. So, I returned the Boss. My recent projects here used the Gigboard. I don't need frequent firmware updates and whatnots because it is good as is for me already. I have 2 FRFR108 cabs for stereo too.

Hail Headrush!

Calibix likes this.
  2. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

Yeah… messed with this and the DT770s and the Blues on the DAW using an IR with the QC feeding it. It works pretty well. Ironically, I felt that the Blues which are supposed to be even higher end cans changed a lot more with the curves applied than the DT770s. This is a cool/interesting resource.

3. Calibix

Calibix 16.666% more string

I agree with this statement. I may have came off with a shitty tone (thanks internet, pun not intended) since I was on my break and getting slaughtered all day. Your first reply didn't say much of anything though (I'm very critical I know), and it just got to me.

I agree! Having more options isn't inherently better. The only side by side comparison I can personally make with it is with the new updates Orange amp models (Rockerverb30 I think). My guitar teacher has the same amp in his studio, and they sound close enough that the average non-guitar nerd would never know the difference. It is somewhat ironic since he admittedly only uses his PC to record (not sure what program he uses, but you can even change the tubes in the amp. It looked pretty fancy)

I am curious how much difference there really is between modeler's when you can just put EQ's in your chain. For example, say two modeler's are capturing a 5150. They sound different initially, but after building your rig/patch they sound the same. Which is better?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  4. laxu

laxu SS.org Regular

The one with a workflow you like. There's always going to be some things each modeler does better and some things it does worse as no unit on the market is ideal and perfect for everything.