Help finding a wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by wildchild, Mar 21, 2020.

1. wildchild

wildchild SS.org Regular

Hello all,

I repotted my Schecter KM7 with a push push pot.
    I noticed that the volume on the neck pickup drops and the bridge stays the same.
    I don't hear a huge difference between the push1 and push 2 position other than the drop in volume in the neck pickup.
    I'll post some samples of the sounds and the wiring I did. But I basically copied the original wiring (push pull pot)
    Any ideas what went wrong?

2. wildchild

wildchild SS.org Regular

Attached Files:

3. wildchild

wildchild SS.org Regular

heres a video to help demonstrate what the issue is

maybe it is normal but any help is appreciated :)

4. jarledge

jarledge SS.org Regular

do you have pictures of the pot and how it is wired currently ? that diagram should work and be right. Splitting the pickup will drop the output quite a bit, you could always try flipping which coil you are shorting out but flipping the grounded wire (in that diagram the green wire) and the hot wire ( in that diagram the black wire )

wildchild likes this.
  5. wildchild

wildchild SS.org Regular

Here are some pics of my wiring. I can try take the pics again if its not clear. Thanks

Attached Files:

6. J3rryAttrick

J3rryAttrick SS.org Regular

Sorry to necro, but did you ever figure this out OP?
    I want to replace my piece of shit pot on my KM7 with a push/push too but finding one without having to drill has been a mess.

7. Scordare

Scordare SS.org Regular

It doesn’t sound like the bridge pickup is splitting to single coil.. Did it sound like this before you replaced the pot? The soldering isn’t the cleanest looking but looks right. The last I heard, the currently available push-push pots aren’t of a very good quality..so my initial thought is that you may have overheated and damaged the switch section of the pot. If this was on my workbench, I would ohm test the switch. A simple test would be to use a jumper wire and ground the red/white wires for the bridge pickup and see if you hear it split.