Help finding a 27"+ w/evertune / Opinions on Halo guitars in 2022?

Tom MAF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi SS.org,

I'm looking to buy a 6 string baritone (27"+, preferably 28") with evertune in the UK with a budget of roughly £1200. In all of my research I've basically only found a two options;

Solar guitars. These guitars have great specs at a good price, but they are aesthetically a bit too shred-y for me these days and they seem to be coming into stock for Europe between Feb (June for the 29" I like the most).

The other option is this Halo Salvus ( https://www.haloguitars.com/store/SALVUS-6-R-27-EVT-WHT-HH ) which I much prefer aesthetically and has perfect specs for me (other than no locking tuners which could be added easily after the fact), but due to shipping + import tax this would end up costing a bit more than I'd like regarding my budget and I would not be able to send the guitar back if I found issues with frets or finish etc. unless I was willing to pay for return shipping + a 6.5% "restocking" fee. Roughly $500 in all!!
That's not even taking into consideration the past reputation of Halo. The reason I'm even willing to consider it regardless of that is that recent reviews on ebay and reverb seem very good and they seem to be much closer in quality to custom guitars than some.

That being said I'd be completely mad to risk it and go for it right? I just love the style so much more than the Solars and I guess I just need some people to tell me not to do it so I can move on with my life 😅

-

OK, presuming that's obviously a stupid idea, are the any other options I may have missed please?

Thanks,

-Tom

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Best recommendation I can give is check out Evertune's site every so often. They keep guitars of many brands with bridges already installed, and at times decent prices. Here's a good example of a PRS SE Baritone for ya.

Tom MAF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Best recommendation I can give is check out Evertune's site every so often. They keep guitars of many brands with bridges already installed, and at times decent prices. Here's a good example of a PRS SE Baritone for ya.
Thanks for the recommendation. The PRS is no go because it’s only got 22 frets, but mainly the trouble is these guitars are from america so are super expensive for me. It would probably be cheaper or just as cheap for me to buy the guitars here and pay the £500 to get the evertune installed.
The reason I’m even considering that halo guitar is because it’s specs are so good for the price and because I enjoy the aesthetics so much.

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Northlane Sig Jackson I think comes up at around £1200 with an evertune and long scale - may be worth a look

Tom MAF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Northlane Sig Jackson I think comes up at around £1200 with an evertune and long scale - may be worth a look
Thanks but that’s a 7 string guitar and I’m looking for 6 strings 👍

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^ Ah my bad - not sure if there is a 6 string version and if so, it likely will have a shorter scale

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. The PRS is no go because it’s only got 22 frets, but mainly the trouble is these guitars are from america so are super expensive for me. It would probably be cheaper or just as cheap for me to buy the guitars here and pay the £500 to get the evertune installed.
The reason I’m even considering that halo guitar is because it’s specs are so good for the price and because I enjoy the aesthetics so much.
Ah sorry about that I never had looked up where Evertune were located.