Hello SSO -There and back again

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Fluence of Shred, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Fluence of Shred

Fluence of Shred SS.org Regular

WUZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Lol bringin it back!

I was a member here many years ago [forgot my username and no longer have my old email account for recovery], and after moving back to the states I finally got back into my guitar gear and writing/recording again!

I will admit I am rusty as hell, and I was playing my guitar when I had a question about action adjustment on my RG 7620 and the first search results from google brought me to good old SSO!

I am mainly a 7 string player, but I have 2 8 strings that I love (M80M + 2228), and I have a few 6 strings as well. My main 7 string are Ibanez (7620 + UV777BK) and EBMM (Majesty + XI).

I am on the fence about my next guitar, IF i go ahead with the purchase. I really am interested in the Boden Strandberg Metal Longfield 7 or 8 or the Tosin Abasi 8 string. The fluence pickups are without a doubt the most incredible thing I’ve seen from guitar R&D...I thought they were hype until I was able to try them, and its just incredible what you get out of them, its like at least 6 different sound profiles from one set!

So I am on the fence between the two brands and guitars - Strandberg is proven and stands the test of time, but the Abasi guitars are new and untested. I have all the 6 and 7 strings I want/ed, and the only thing left for me to really embrace is the 8 strings I have, but I also think the Fan fret would be the answer to my problem (I love my M80M for rhythm but leads arent the best, so 25.5”-29.4” isnt available, but the Tosin and Strandberg come close)

Ive never played a Fan fret, but everyone Ive talked to said its so easy and ergonomic, especially the strandberg’s neck profile. So I’m really leaning hard for a Longfield 8 string, but if the Tosin gets enough love and interest , or recommendations from others, I would possibly get that

Thanks for readin and hello again
    Hope y’all are stayin healthy and as happy as possible
    Later and take care

2. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

Welcome back! :yesway: