Helix Native - Using MIDI Foot Switch to Change Snapshots? (Reaper)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Gnarcade, May 4, 2020.

1. Gnarcade

Gnarcade SS.org Regular

Okay I've googled this like crazy and cant seem to find what I need, so I thought i would turn to you all to see if there are any Helix Native users who could help me (Admins/Mods - let me know if this is the right section for this, or if it would be better placed elsewhere)

I have been running Helix Native for some time now. I use Reaper as my DAW and have had success using an FBV Express MKII as a foot controller. I have been able to map it to control a majority of things successfully... the only thing I cant figure out is how to change snapshots with it. Ideally I would love to have one snapshot assigned to each of the four available toggle switches.

Anyone figured out how to do this or able to connect me to a resource that could illustrate the process for me?

2. Aewrik

Aewrik SS.org Regular

I'm not on Windows right now, but here are the description from the release notes: https://line6.com/support/page/kb/recording/helix-native/helix-native-midi-operations-in-a-daw-r900/

tl;dr, you don't have to MIDI learn, just send CC 69 with a fixed value (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4...) to change snapshots.

Gnarcade likes this.
  3. Gnarcade

Gnarcade SS.org Regular

HOLY HELL!!! That did it! Thank you so much. I feel like I read through a bunch of version update notes but seemed to have missed that entirely. I am very grateful!

4. Aewrik

Aewrik SS.org Regular

It's easy to miss; as great as the manuals are, they don't update them with every feature update, so you kind of need to keep an eye on the release notes too.

Gnarcade likes this.