Headstock Corner Repair

ExplorerMike

60% of the time...it works every time.
Reaction score
Hey guys, my dad just sent me these pics of his LTD EC-256 headstock. He had the strap come off and the guitar hit the floor on the top corner as shown. Any of you guys that build/repair your own guitars have any suggestions to clean up/fix this a bit? Or should he just chalk it up to battle damage and leave it as is? He’s got zero wood working skills so I’m thinking he may just be better leaving it as is. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome, figured I’d bounce it off of you guys to see what you think! 05A5CB38-5145-42CB-8159-6F9F4A8573E3.jpeg 02BFB93A-58FF-46DB-B170-26E16882C7C5.jpeg

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Depends on how much he wants it like new or is ok with it. Personally I'd clean it up fill with glue so it don't get worse and call it a day and let paint chip off from there, but if he hasn't the skills that could be bad. If he really wants it fixed it's take it to a tech time. He might want to at least have someone look at it to make sure it's not a bad crack or anythign in there.

ExplorerMike

60% of the time...it works every time.
Reaction score
Both good suggestions and pretty much what I figured. Thanks for the feedback guys, I’ve relayed the responses and see what he wants to do. He will have to cool down first so he can think straight haha.