Head (Korn) using ESP now, getting LTD sig model

Valco

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've personally not had any problems with my evertune, it's on a Solar 160, for reference.

When I first bought the guitar it was set up in E standard and after a short tweak whilst reading the manual I never had to adjust it for those 7 months, tuning or bending.

The only annoyance I found with the bridge is when I decided to tune it to drop A and changing string gagues. Dropping it so low Caused me to spend 40 minutes setting it up. Of course this was the first time I'd ever done this and so I could have been faster if I had the experience.

I think it's a great bridge if you are keeping it in the same tuning for long periods of time, it's also quite comfortable to use but it is heavy.

MichaelH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe someone already asked this, but isn't korn famous enough for head to get a full japanese esp signature model?
I wonder how they decide who gets an esp vs LTD signature

BrailleDecibel

I keep my dad jokes in a dad-a-base.
Reaction score
WOW. Just wow. I was firmly on the wrong side of history with this guitar...that thing is HOT. No more bashing Evertune for me. :lol:

HotKarl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe someone already asked this, but isn't korn famous enough for head to get a full japanese esp signature model?

Sales potential probably. I just don't think they would sell many at $3-4k.

SDMFVan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Even with Ibanez his sig was Indonesian while Head's was Japanese.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Even with Ibanez his sig was Indonesian while Head's was Japanese.

You mean Munky? Head's sig model was a bland-looking RGA sig specced like a low-end 7421. This looks like they put some effort in the design, which I find funny that people say it looks more bland than his other sig models. :shrug:

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see anything bland about that dark purple finish or any of the other specs. Really wasn't a fan of the Komrad model. This is worlds better.

chargrilled

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's a surprise but that's a really nice looking guitar, I never liked the look of the Komrad - I have to say Munky's recent black / grey sig with the red detailing has been the sickest Korn guitar of recent times

icipher

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So much better than the Ibanez, but like all their sigs, they're standard scale which is kinda silly to me considering they're in A. A 26.5 scale works so much better IMO.

mikehoncho747

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Selling out!!! ESP just treats the artist better I think.... offers them more stuff and make a comparable product so why not swap if you are an artist. (Just play the Ibanez stuff when no one is looking cause you know you want to lol)

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
I have a feeling that a big part of the change was him wanting to go with an Evertune. He'd already swapped out the pickups in his Ibanez guitars to Fishmans. Ibanez has always been belligerent about putting 3rd party bridges on their guitars.

BlueTrident

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also if you are a newly signed big name artist, you are pretty much guaranteed to have an ESP sig model created for you within 1-2 years. See Bill Keliher as an example.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also if you are a newly signed big name artist, you are pretty much guaranteed to have an ESP sig model created for you within 1-2 years. See Bill Keliher as an example.

And Alexi Laiho back in the day.

Left Jackson for ESP back in the day for ESP because they would make him a signature model in 4 months.

BearOnGuitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No info on width at 24F though?

I don't think it makes any difference to the width at the 24th fret compared to 48mm nut width necks, it's just that the neck at the beginning of the fretboard is wider.

rocky0

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hope it plays better than KOMRAD. That one was pretty horrible or I just ended up trying a total lemon.