Have you ever been mistaken for a known Musician?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by mikernaut, Apr 19, 2020.

1. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

I was listening to a Dance Gavin Dance mix on the yubtub and saw this pic go by, and HAHHAHA I looked like Jonny Craig in this picture in the early 90's.
    DGD.jpg

Then years later, having longer hair, I was driving and had some girls do a double take and then follow me to a gas station. They approached me and said I look like the rapper "Rittz" , but lost some weight!, ...who btw I had no idea who he was. Went home and googled him and was like " come on, I'm not that haggard and hefty!" LOL
    rittz2.jpg
    These days I have a Michael Keene hair cut and could pass as his brother or with longer hair a Ginger Hanneman. Anyone else got a story? please share.

2. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

I've had multiple people tell me I look like Tom May from the Menzingers (pop punk band from Pennsylvania). I guess I kinda see it, but I don't care for thier music so I deny it whenever it's brought up :lol:

3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

No experiences like that, but I love Rittz. He’s super articulate and fast. I think I’m too goofy looking to be mistaken for a known musician.

mikernaut likes this.
  4. Dayn

Dayn SS.org Regular

No, but many people over 15 years have said I look like Keanu Reeves. That many people I suspect also need to get their vision checked.

mikernaut likes this.
  5. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Nope.

Slightly related there is a guy who used to hang around the rock bars here who dresses like Marilyn Manson so my friend took a Facebook photo with him as a joke saying he met Marilyn Manson and know he regularly appears “10 people who think they met a celebrity” articles.

XPT707FX, mikernaut and StevenC like this.
  6. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

No musicians, but the wrestler "Triple H" twice. Had to look up who it was after it happened the 2nd time.

XPT707FX and mikernaut like this.
  7. bracky

bracky Contributor

Tom Petty. Not sure if it’s a compliment or not. Lol

mikernaut and fps like this.
  8. GraemeH

GraemeH SS.org Regular

In 2008 we were in a departure lounge at Chicago airport for a flight to LA and an American (we're British) came up to us and asked if we were in a band.
    "Well yeah, but not one you'll have heard of".
    "Oh, I thought you guys were like, Modest Mouse or something, and since you're going to Los Angeles"
    "...nope"

Thrilling story tbf, hope you were sitting down for it.

Furtive Glance and Seabeast2000 like this.
  9. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Noel Hogan from the Cranberries. It's become a running joke with a few friends now that when I talk about the past, I'll talk about whatever tour was going on during that point. Especially when both of us had long hair it's a spitting image.
    upload_2020-4-19_9-12-14.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-19_9-12-32.jpeg

10. IGC

IGC SS.org Regular

Not exactly a direct musician comparison, but he probably acted as one at some point. I was driving and this couple sped up next to me on a 2 lane road, flagged me down and had me pull over. I rolled down my window, they were both looking at me with big convinced smiles and one of them said "Tom Cruise...you're Tom Cruise!" ( I don't look like him ) I said nope, sorry.

11. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

They'd have to be awfully mistaken to mistake me for a musician.

12. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

None that I can think of but back in 2015 when I was in LA hanging out with a buddy on Santa Monica beach, 2 young kids came over who didn't speak very good English and were asking something about a picture. I figured they wanted me to take their picture on the beach while they're on vacation. Nope, they both posed next to me a took got a picture with me. I'll never know why, but it keeps me up some nights.

iamaom, GRUNTKOR and StevenC like this.
  13. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

Been told I look like John Mayer more than once ,not sure if that's something to be proud of or not

14. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

You're the spitting image of this one shredder I'm subscribed to on YouTube.

Lorcan Ward likes this.
  15. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
    A long time ago, about 28 years, when in my high school a girl asked if I was a member of local hardcore band because she though I looked similar to some of its members. I wasn't, however a few years later I met the band's drummer and his twin brother and became known as the 3rd twin (the 3rd was a joke they had when asked each one they were, they'd always reply the 3rd one). They have became my friends since then...

Later on college, I had a classmate that shared my first name, looked like me and dressed almost like (and also played the guitar), which created some very funny situations... there was a guy that thought we were the same person and asked himself how could I or the other me (the one person) be so fast changing clothes from one place to another at the college buildings and floors, he froze himself when after a year or so saw us together talking in the hallways and was like "wait, there's 2 of you? your name is and yours is... the same..." and he was like "damn, mystery solved!" what a laugh it was, his face was priceless... Please acknowledge that at that time, the college only got 120 new students per year so it was a pretty small universe of people and everyone almost knew everyone... it was like having a twin brother from another family...

XPT707FX, BlackMastodon and Nlelith like this.
  16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

when i was in high school my friends joked I looked like matt heafy with a jewfro. I never thought i looked like him beyond both of us being half asian.

17. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

Also when I had shorter hair and right when Austin Powers came out ,I had people think I was Seth Green/Scott Evil. Now come on, I have red hair but don't really look like him, hahah

18. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

Does Late-80's/Early-90's Dana Carvey count?

Didn't do a whole lot for the ego because he's about 10-15 years older than me.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  19. Eptaceros

Eptaceros Wayfarer

This thread would be a lot better with comparison pics

brector likes this.
  20. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

Not for a musician no. Mistaken for Ryan Dunn once though.