Have there been any Mesa amp changes from Gibson?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw a post on Adam Jones Insta story the other day about what looks to be a possible AJ Mesa sig in the works? Looked like they were A/Bing it with one his original 2 channel Triple Rectifier's. Gibson is gonna milk every penny they can out his name for as long as possible it looks like, haha

Let me guess: A standard 2-channel recto with a silverburst finish for 10000$?

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
284333013_10158612937042409_1880138262133290543_n.jpg

Found the message I was looking for. I coulda swore they said it was a Recto but it might be some other design. I know he has another custom-made Mesa that was shown in some promo video, and we never saw it ever again.

Getting kind of hyped for the Hetfield sig that is part IIC++ Coliseum, part Stiletto Trident, and part Triple Rec. Throw in some VH4 and Wizard Modern Classic.

BurningRome

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hate saying this because I know I'm going to get destroyed but I'm shocked Adam Jones signature equipment has that kind of demand, his Gibson is just insanely expensive.

I suppose in an effort to find guitar hero's to sell sig equipment for you have to find that next gen of people to be able to target this current generation of 40 something's with disposable income.

BTW I think He's a very good guitarist. Certainly not disrespecting.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hate saying this because I know I'm going to get destroyed but I'm shocked Adam Jones signature equipment has that kind of demand, his Gibson is just insanely expensive.

I suppose in an effort to find guitar hero's to sell sig equipment for you have to find that next gen of people to be able to target this current generation of 40 something's with disposable income.

BTW I think He's a very good guitarist. Certainly not disrespecting.
Some Tool fandom gets downright cultish. You have no idea.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
That's being generous to the word "some", I think 90% of Tool fans are musicians, and of that, I'd say 80% are fanatic over their gear.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Not amp changes but...Mesa Boogie's website has been updated and is now using Gibson brand's overall look. It's so ugly.
I already emailed them sayig it shit. No back panel images no side angles. brite annoying white, checkout buttons with everything outta stock. The end has begun. Death by a thousand cuts I'm guessing. Gibson's like the Gov't slippinj in changes on holidays when nobodys paying attention. It's just a fucking downgrade right off the bat. Any 5 year old can see that. What is their problem? i think they might just get off on pissing people off.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Not amp changes but...Mesa Boogie's website has been updated and is now using Gibson brand's overall look. It's so ugly.

It looks like paid app advertising. Yuck. Their older website looked way classier.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I already emailed them sayig it shit. No back panel images no side angles. brite annoying white, checkout buttons with everything outta stock. The end has begun. Death by a thousand cuts I'm guessing. Gibson's like the Gov't slippinj in changes on holidays when nobodys paying attention. It's just a fucking downgrade right off the bat. Any 5 year old can see that. What is their problem? i think they might just get off on pissing people off.

They have a les paul leaning up against the badlander...pfffft. Dowload the Gibson app add on the main page...pfffffttt

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Saw a post on Adam Jones Insta story the other day about what looks to be a possible AJ Mesa sig in the works? Looked like they were A/Bing it with one his original 2 channel Triple Rectifier's. Gibson is gonna milk every penny they can out his name for as long as possible it looks like, haha
Can confirm. This is what killed the Adam Jones Diezel.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
They have a les paul leaning up against the badlander...pfffft. Dowload the Gibson app add on the main page...pfffffttt
I bet the people at Boogie somehow feel less excited to get up and go to work in the morning. I hope they aren't having to sit through hours of new HR meetings and rules and stuff. If enough people email them maybe Gibson sill get the hint to back off.

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bet the people at Boogie somehow feel less excited to get up and go to work in the morning. I hope they aren't having to sit through hours of new HR meetings and rules and stuff. If enough people email them maybe Gibson sill get the hint to back off.
It's right across the street from lagunitas so maybe they just go there instead?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
$FFFFFF on the menus is not a good look, for sure.