Has anyone ever bought a guitar from Drum City Guitarland?

vontetzianos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am in the market for a quality sixer and I'm looking at a new ebmm jp6. The only problem is that over here, they cost around US$3500 for the standard 6 string, so I figure it'll be cheaper to import one than have local dealers order one for me. I notice DCGL has quite a decent selection, but are they reputable or even recommendable?

has anyone here ordered a guitar from them? if anyone has any other suggestions for ordering online please share, because I don't want my pants pulled down by the local dealers over the price.

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
Ive done business over the internet with him and also been to Jasons store a few times. He has good stuff and knows what he is doing but in general his prices are not great at all. He is also not an overly friendly guy. At least he never was to me or my cousin.

Brewtal_Damage

Heavy Noise
Reaction score
I've bought my Schecter V-1 from there, like possumkiller said, Jason isn't very friendly, but I had a good experience buying my guitar from DCGL, also I think he charged like $90 for shipping the guitar to me as I'm not in the 48 upper states, but in the invoice there was less money on shipping charges.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I have purchased a Schecter Loomis and Schecter C-8 from him. I will say that he has a tech in store who will set up the guitar with any gauge strings you wants so its a major plus to have it set up very well before you get it. I give his tech an A+. For that alone I consider it to be worth it.

I_infect

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No problems with my purchase. Got a free setup, t- shirt and picks.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I've bought an LTD H-1001 and an Orange Cab from him. I don't think it's that he isn't friendly, I just think he gets 100's of emails and phone calls a day from people who will never buy anything. So he keeps communication very brief and to the point. I'd say I had a very good experience. The free t-shirt and setup are a major plus. :yesway:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
My Schecter A-1 Damien came from there. Free setup and and goodies... Great place to buy guitars!

gdbjr21

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought my Schecter omen from there.
Over all a very good experience, they were professional and helpful. They sent a Schecter T-shirt and my choice of picks, got some Jazz III's

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
I bought my proto Schecter ATX there. I DEFINITELY recommend them. IDK what happened with you guys, but I thought Jason was great?

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
I think its better to say that he keeps his communications very very brief. Im sure he does get very flooded with questions from tire kickers all the time. I also forgot to mention about free setup and choice of strings, t-shirt, and picks. Im not saying my experience was negative. I got exactly what I wanted in a timely manner and set up well. I was just trying to say that most dealers I talk to go out of the way to be friendly and ask what all you need. Jason will definitly not leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling. With ESP guitars I usually go to somewhere with lower prices now.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I would check with him first just to make sure he ships internationally for the Ernie Ball stuff. I could have sworn that US EBMM dealers weren't supposed to ship internationally due to restrictions put in place by EBMM HQ (helps to limit competition for their international dealers, I would think), but I could be wrong. :shrug:

vontetzianos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think its better to say that he keeps his communications very very brief. Im sure he does get very flooded with questions from tire kickers all the time. I also forgot to mention about free setup and choice of strings, t-shirt, and picks. Im not saying my experience was negative. I got exactly what I wanted in a timely manner and set up well. I was just trying to say that most dealers I talk to go out of the way to be friendly and ask what all you need. Jason will definitly not leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling. With ESP guitars I usually go to somewhere with lower prices now.

I see. Do you mind telling me where you go for ESPs, because I've been thinking and it seens a Horizon ii offers better value for money imo.

bibz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Christ what do you want? Your balls cupped? :lol:
Dealing with Jason has been fine for me. Busy guy, gets the job done, good on him!

CrashRG

I'm Back Bitches!
Reaction score
im not sure about prices and customer service attitude wise, but a friend of mine ordered a Schecter Hellraiser from them and he had no problems at all, they threw in some extra shit too (picks, t shirt, stickers, strings)

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
I've bought a Jackson (which was my main axe for years) and Schecter from them, super cool people, Jason is the man up there.

ddtonfire

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought my JP7 from them. The service was very professional, quick, and concise, and they're easy to work with. I bought over the phone and shipment was prompt. The price is what I'd expect for the guitar I got (actually it was a little less - I scoured the internet). I got a free setup, picks, and t-shirt. I would definitely recommend them. (Geez, I sound like I'm doing eBay feed back •*´¯`*•.¸ .. ¥ .. ¸.•*´¯`*•A++ WOULD BUY AGAIN•*´¯`*•.¸ .. ¥ .. ¸.•*´¯`*•)

Ultraworld

Luthier A Holic
Reaction score
I have purchased a dozen lefties from Jason. Every deal went off without a hitch. He has a good relationship with EBMM, Jackson & ESP, he gets the good stuff. If your buying $500 LTD"S go with MF. But I have nothing but nice things to say about Jason. Always friendly with me.

vontetzianos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, guys.

While on the subject, has anyone ever purchased a guitar from ProMusicTools? They seem to have a huge range of stuff so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them.