Harley Benton Fusion T line (Fusion series... but Tele)

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Dec 6, 2019.

1. MoJoToJo

MoJoToJo SS.org Regular

Yeah I just checked a video on a Fusion II & the reviewer was comparing it to a Charvel Guthrie Govan & a Suhr WTF!
    I think they also make Pro versions in the Fusion line for you lucky right handers.

Also spotted a HB facebook group with some demo's if you have not seen.

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I did see a video where someone brought up Suhr, but it was more like "don't expect Suhr quality, just expect a good guitar for the price."

3. MoJoToJo

MoJoToJo SS.org Regular

I was thinking of one of these for a Jim Root style project guitar. Keen on a Jim Root Tele but unfortunately Fender don't make left handed versions & LTD make these in lefty.

4. Boojakki

Boojakki SS.org Regular

I own one of the greenish PT knockoffs and it's a really good guitar for the price (overall quality is like in the 500-600 bucks class). Came flawless out of the box. Even after some months, I still play it on a regular basis (and I own like 50 guitars, the majority way more expensive...). The pickups are on the weaker side and the split sounds are really meh. Other than that it's more than solid. Love the neck, has a comfy profile. Good locking tuners, good trem, stays in tune and all. I would def. buy one again. Pretty sure I will also buy a hardtail T model later. Wish there where more color options, though.

5. Dyster

Dyster SS.org Regular

i dont own a fusion, and i cant talk about my modded te70 fanfret without coming off as a total fanboi. i do however wish these came in more colors to go with those sexy baked necks.. oh and more sevens, or sevens at all

6. Tisca

Tisca Big-tube snob

Been wanting a hardtail in the fusion range and was hoping for a t style. Now that it's a thing I'm not sure I want one anymore =P

7. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

I was hoping for a ST hardtail but hey...

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

Guess a Fusion T with the Wilky is my next guitar. :lol: Just got a G&L ASAT and yeah, I need more Teles.

Boojakki likes this.
  9. wheelsdeal

wheelsdeal SS.org Regular

So it isnt just me that dislikes this minion...i feel less of a dick now.

Adieu likes this.
  10. Blasphemer

Blasphemer Bird Law expert

Man, the strat style with a wilkenson is reaaaally calling my name...

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

I used to like him, but then companies started to send him free shit and he became more of a brown noser.

12. Azarea

Azarea SS.org Regular

I own one of the Harley Benton Pete Thorn signature knock offs. Fit and finish is perfect, though the guitar came with a pickup moving around in its cavity - it was mounted too low and case lose, I just had to sit it back properly in its pu ring. The hardware is good, the fretjob is great (no sharp fret ends, no dead spots) but the SS fretwire is surprisingly dull instead of shiny. The body shape has proper confort cuts, the neck shape feels good to me and the back of the neck finish actually feels amazing. Like someone else said, the pickups are probably the weakest link in the guitar but they are decent enough.
    Overall it punches way over its price class in my opinion, I've played 1k guitars with worse QC. With a pickup swap I'd be hard pressed to know it's such a cheap instrument.
    Now it's too bad they don't have a 24 frets/no Floyd/no middle pickup model or I'd be all over that...

13. Surveyor 777

Surveyor 777 I measure things

I've got the Fusion II HSH with the Wilkinson trem. Absolutely no complaints. No fret sprout whatsoever. Fret ends finished nicely. Nice flame on the fretboard. First guitar w/roasted maple neck & board - I like how it looks. Neck is comfy - kind of a "C" shape but not as fat as my Strat - more "modern", if that makes sense.

I'm glad I bought it. Whenever I (seldom) get the chance to play, it's what I grab. If they'd ever come out w/a 7 in that same model, I'd have a hard time not buying it.

Mechayoshi and Solodini like this.
  14. Mechayoshi

Mechayoshi The Mario Clash

These look very cool. I love the natural finish one and the Charvel-y vibe.
    Edit: why are the knobs so far down though?

15. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Because that's where they are on a telecaster. However, lots of folks turn the control plate around (and switch the knobs and turn around the switch) so that the volume knob is nearer to the bridge, and then the switch would be at the far end.

Mechayoshi likes this.
  16. Mechayoshi

Mechayoshi The Mario Clash

I glanced at a telecaster again and you’re right! The lack of the control plate really threw it all off for me.

Zhysick likes this.