Harley Benton AguFish Ltd - Best bang for your buck?

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by Massive Sound Productions, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Massive Sound Productions

Massive Sound Productions SS.org Regular

Hi guys! Last week I got my first Harley Benton guitar, AguFish Limited, and was really skeptical beforehand. Can a 500 EUR guitar satisfy my high standards? Or would it just be a waste of resources? In the end I was really surprised by what you can get these days with a relatively low budget. Yes, it has some small flaws here and there, but nothing to worry about, and comes very close to higher-end guitars above the 1000 EUR line. If you are interested in my whole Review including sound examples, please check out my Youtube Review, with the link below:

How is your experience with Harley Benton? Did you had the chance to get one in your hand and test them? Are there any certain models you would like to test/own?

Looking very much forward to hear your thoughts :)

AngryPossum likes this.
  2. Varjo

Varjo ss.org frenulum

I had a fanned fret 7 by HB a few years ago. Absolutely horrible fretwork, swapped it, again horrible fretwork, returned it and never again.

But HB has been pushing out some hot models lately, especially Agufish's signature and those roasted maple Fusions. I'm just about ready to give them another chance, if they fixed that fret issue...

AngryPossum likes this.
  3. Massive Sound Productions

You cant compare older models with the latest "more expensive" HBs. I checked out some HBs a couple of years ago and as you said, they were a waste of money and you just could feel the cheap materials and build quality. I didnt know what I would get or should expect before ordering this but heart good things beforehand and havent been disappointed. Their Indonesian models are really on par with the most guitars around the 1000 EUR line

AngryPossum likes this.
  4. Varjo

Varjo ss.org frenulum

That really does sound promising. I'll have to find a newer model to check them out. If they really have stepped up their game, I've gotta order one for myself.

AngryPossum likes this.
  5. Massive Sound Productions

You wont be disappointed. There might be still some single HBs which have some serious issues but this became more a exception and in general the used materials are much better than before.

AngryPossum and Varjo like this.
  6. Hoss632

Hoss632 SS.org Regular

I was excited for Hunter when he announced them and the finished product seems like it delivered. Only way for me to get one is if they pop up second hand. There is one person on reverb that has one listed for 850 bucks, which is ridiculous.

AngryPossum likes this.
  7. AngryPossum

AngryPossum SS.org Regular

I purchased an AIO Wolf W400 PRS copy used, that was astonishing in every aspect for $350, this was a bang for my buck. Mine came with modified Seymour Duncan's, also has a set neck, the final setup is amazing, action etc. These Wolf guitars go for $425 brand new. There Made in Korea and then are setup in California. Spend a little extra. I think HB are too risky. Especially because of the fret issues.
    20210130_115700.jpg 20210130_115720.jpg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021