Guitarmory Atlas Review/Demo

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by MSS, Aug 30, 2019.

1. MSS

MSS SS.org Regular

I picked up a set of Guitarmory Atlas pups a few months ago and really, really like them. It's a great all around pickup set that can do clean to mean.

The bridge sounds surprisingly good clean and if I had to choose a pickup for a one humbucker guitar, the Atlas would be it. It also sounds great with tons of gain and everything in between. The palm mutes/chugs are thunderously satisfying and the pickup retains its articulation under heavy gain. It also cleans up nice and sonically seems fairly even until an upper mid/treble drop.

The neck also sounds great with nice warm cleans in humbucker mode and more singing bell like tones split. I also love the lead sounds under gain as well. It's just what I like from a neck pickup for leads and cleans.

Here is a spectrum analyzer vid of the signal. I ran my Mayones Duvell Gothic 7 into the Axe Fx III with no amp or cab, just In 1 - RTA - Out 1. I don't know if it's a good scientific representation but it does sound, to my ears, like the graph.

Here is the Atlas in a mix for a rough song idea I am bringing to practice this weekend. It will probably get shot down for not being heavy enough. C'est la vie lol.

Mayones Duvell Gothic 7, Axe Fx III Recto Red, Mikko plugin 412 new 121 + 57, Loki Bass, EZ Drummer:

Guitar 1 only via Sound Cloud if interested:

https://soundcloud.com/stillthestorm-music/guitarmory-atlas-bridge-pup-song-idea-gtr-only-my-70s

Peace Out! Thanks for listening. All constructive comments welcome.

Tsathoggua likes this.
  2. coffeeflush

coffeeflush SS.org Regular

No sound in the first video,
    the song sounds good though, the pickups have a mid rich character similar to the Dimarzio's of 2000's

MSS likes this.
  3. MSS

MSS SS.org Regular

Thank you. There is no sound in the first vid. It was just me strumming. Maybe I should’ve left it in. I was going to note that but it won’t let me edit the post for some reason.